iOS to windows?

stubbieoz

I should have checked here first because I think I now know the answer. :cry:

I have the iPad version and just saw in Steam that the pc version has 1920x1080 fullscreen support.
So I immediately bought it on Steam as well, and it does look really super. :cool:

I was hoping to transfer my iPad saves to the Steam version but the only document on the iPad version is a bak file which the Steam version doesnt reckonise.

Am I screwed?

p4ran0id

Staff member
Ios to steam should work.

Go to continue game->export&cloud save-> export to file. That gives you a EK.bak file. Send this via email to yourself, then download it with the PC and put it (I think) under documents.

Than open the steam game, go to new game, export & cloud save - > import from file.

If you choose import from file, the dialog shows you where the EK.bak should be

stubbieoz

p4ran0id":1jofw4uh said:
Ios to steam should work.

Go to continue game->export&cloud save-> export to file. That gives you a EK.bak file. Send this via email to yourself, then download it with the PC and put it (I think) under documents.

Than open the steam game, go to new game, export & cloud save - > import from file.

If you choose import from file, the dialog shows you where the EK.bak should be

Thanks so much for the informative and quick reply p4ran0id.
I am one of the unfortunate sods that the cloud save wont work due to the Google Play Games service causing my iPad game to crash.
However your post gave me the insentive to try manually transferring the EK.bak file from the iPad to the pc via iFunbox.
Then following your instructions I was successful in transferring the iPad save to the Steam game....and I was even successful reversing the process!!

So now I can play the Steam game at home and continue my game when I go out with my iPad.
It's a bit messy but it works. Hopefully David might consider changing the cloud saving from Google to Apple but I know he said it isnt all that easy.

Thanks again mate...very happy gamer here. :D

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
stubbieoz":3tna0sdh said:
I am one of the unfortunate sods that the cloud save wont work due to the Google Play Games service causing my iPad game to crash.
In case of transferring save file from mobile to PC, cloud doesn't work for anyone. Only option is using manual transfer.

Hopefully David will enable saving in directory of our choosing, which would enable use of third party syncing software, which would enable some form of cloud saving and exchanging files between platforms.