Hardcore character STUCK!

Gbabb01

Behind a rock! Got bashed by an orc and now I'm stuck. I don't have any scrolls of recall or teleport. How can I get out?

VDX_360

Staff member
That sucks!

Options: Reload from the area-auto save, last quick save or from an inn save (use the little folder icon, etc to select those options). Reloading from the area auto-save might involve losing the least amount of game play.

Also, what area, and what rock? A screen shot might be helpful.

Note: The game isn't supposed to have places a character gets stuck like that so moving to Support.

VDX_360

Staff member
Gbabb01":15x705hi said:
... I'm stuck.
Wait, for clarity, when you say "Hardcore" do you mean Ironman, where there is no save option except closing the game? Than loading a save state won't work....

You can periodically back up your game by export the game files. It's worth doing now and than. Won't help you here unless you had a back-up... but man, getting stuck on ironman is likely worse than dying on a trap on your way out of a beaten dungeon.

Gbabb01

I can't load as there are no previous saves. I doubt there's anything different on a cloud. I'm just... stuck. Definitely worse than dying.

RougeRogue

Have you tried clicking on the folder in the continue game screen? there might be an area save there.

Lolerescut

Now that you saved your character remember to take a scroll of recall just in case of it happens again ps. There is also a spot like this in uzgandar lair where you go to save that guy i forgot his name basically the game is full of them as far as i remember there is one in the abot hellish cave and the dungeon under the abbot also under storm castle there is a spot you cant walk yet its a normall
Floor if you got bashed you might be stuck idk never tried it

VDX_360

Staff member
"Reload from the area-auto save" including "use the little folder icon" was the first solution offered.

It's a good idea to keep a recall scroll with you (or a few of them). In addition to resolving the rare stuck issue, they help when you get unexpectedly slammed (unknown rumor monsters make for nice surprises sometimes).