City quests and tavern gossip not matching

Onemore

I searched the forums and Google and didn't find an answer to this specific problem:

I take a quest from the tower/vault, go to the tavern and have beers, but get gossip for the wrong City quests. I get gossip for orc bandits or other city quests that I have not taken or I already finished. I do not get gossip for the specific town quest I am on anymore. The gossip function worked fine until the last two or so levels. I am level 11 now.

VDX_360

Staff member
It sounds like you might be getting rumor boss rumors when you're looking for Town Hall Quest rumors. It's a known, and sometimes frustration aspect of Town Hall Quests given the deadline. If you weren't getting them before, you were either too low level to trigger them, or just lucking that a rumor boss wasn't spawned the same time.

Sometimes you just have to hunt down and kill that pesky Orc band just to stop the rumors about it from clogging your search. One thing you can do is checking for rumors BEFORE starting a Town Hall Quest to try to ensure you're not going to have both a Rumor Boss and a Town Hall Quest active at the same time, but it's hard to judge that when you're new to the game.

There are three general types of rumors:

1) Town Hall Quest rumors: These give details of a town hall quest, should only appear when a Town Hall Quest is active.

2) Rumor Boss rumors: These give details about the arrival and location of rumors bosses. As Rumor Boss' appear randomly (after certain levels are reached, there's a tier system so you don't run into a Lich at level 5 etc). Note, I'm lumping all the combative random encounters into this pile for ease of sorting. The Orcs aren't a true Rumor Boss as they will never drop a shard and are easier, see Wiki for more details. Rumor bosses are harder than other random encounters, can drop rare items and have a chance to drop a shard.

3) Game Rumors: General catch-all for rumors that flush out the game, either by giving hints of possible quests, things you've done etc.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... Encounters

Onemore

Thanks! It was rumor bosses after all. I decided to track one down and got a shard. Now I know.