Typos - small errors, please notify here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Denzera":2duzw5ya said:
hueydvr38":2duzw5ya said:
One of the finest alchemists in *the* Nivarian...omit *the*, omit comma between *business* and *and*
"The" isn't necessarily an error. You can ask my friends up north of me in The Bronx how that works.

I disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong but Nivarian is a city and that would be like saying "I'm going to the Los Angeles" since "the" isn't part of Nivarian's proper name.

"I'm going to The Bronx to root against the Yankees". Legal city name: "Bronx, NY".

Look, it's pedantic, and frankly I could go either way on it. The point I feel stronger about is that "Nivarian", with the "-ian" suffix, is not a normal English place-name. "-ia" is very common. If it were Nivaria, you'd call its residents Nivarians. But ending proper nouns with "-ian" is something you only see in Armenian family names. (or name-derived places like San Sebastian, West Lothian -- those are very rare exceptions) So I'd much sooner see it called "Nivaria", consistently, and could perhaps then refer to "The Nivarian Swamplands" or "Nivarian waterways" or whatever.

"The Bronx" is a specific example of a slang term for a town that most cities do not use. The city of Nivarian is located in the Kingdom of Nivaria. I agree that it's usually the other way around in the real world but in the end, it's ultimately up to David as to how he wants to word it.

Tschis

I've just got to the Mercia area, around Freetown and Jabal, and I noticed every quest that requires you to kill fugitives have a typo: "fugutives".

VDX_360

Staff member
Vault Name Issue: Current version.
Inconsistent naming of magical vaults when attemtping to first buy them. Some are described as "Magical Vault" others as "permanent magical vault." Not the different capitalization and wording.
Nov. 6, 2017, most current update.

VDX_360

Staff member
Reward oddity in Coyote Hunt:
Completing the quest and refusing the reward gives a +5 rep to Rhoneis. Wiki says +8. I think it used to be +8 (long time ago?). So either the Wiki needs updating or there's an oddity in the game.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
VDX_360":c1wg448h said:
Reward oddity in Coyote Hunt:
Completing the quest and refusing the reward gives a +5 rep to Rhoneis. Wiki says +8. I think it used to be +8 (long time ago?). So either the Wiki needs updating or there's an oddity in the game.
It's +3 for completing the hunt and additional +5 for refusing the reward. Thus, +8 is indeed correct.

However, there was an error regarding the gained XP. The Wiki stated 120 XP, but it's currently 240.

Tschis

Ring of Holiness page on wiki is broken.

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... f_Holiness

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [2231b74a] /wiki/index.php?title=Ring_of_Holiness DBConnectionError from line 889 of /home/exiledki/public_html/wiki/includes/db/Database.php: DB connection error: Connection refused (localhost)
Backtrace:
Exception caught inside exception handler: [acf6e427] /wiki/index.php?title=Ring_of_Holiness DBConnectionError from line 889 of /home/exiledki/public_html/wiki/includes/db/Database.php: DB connection error: Connection refused (localhost)
Backtrace:

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Not a problem with this specific page, but a general server/host problem which occurs from time to time and can hit any page. Just try again later. If the problems persists, maybe David has to restart the server.

Tschis

It works now, but it was strange because it only broke for that specific page when I was trying to check other rings.

Razznik

I'm pretty sure it has been brought up before and David has jest been too busy to fix it, but I noticed that what you get the quest for "were did i put my sword" sir Andrew mason says he will pay you 600 gold. However upon completion you only receive 500.

Status
Not open for further replies.