This game is AWESOME! It brings me back to Diablo on PC! Hot damn. I've been looking for a game like this since games came out on android and iOS. All I've ever found was repetitive useless finger mashers. I mean, with all this technology at our finger tips we have only been given crap. Why are we creating pointless non-adventurous games?? THANK YOU FOR EXILED KINGDOMS! I'm hooked
But here's a few things I've noticed that can be food-for-though in future updates, if they already haven't been suggested...
1. Movement: it seems running directly left or right is twice as fast as running diagonally.
2. Character: when equipped with a helmet, he doesn't appear to be wearing one. Would be very cool and unique if different gear looked different on the character.
3. Saving: not being able to save in caves or dungeons is extremely bothersome...
4. Inventory: for quipped gear and items, I believe it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have it set up like Blizzard did in Diablo 2. Or simply have a silhouette of a person, with helm going to head area, boots in foot area, as opposed to items being in boxes representing a square.
5. Special Weapons: like the ones that do poison or fire dmg, they seem useless with such low dmg.. Maybe balance that out.
6. The Maps: they don't line up correctly. First close-up map (town map) is more diagonal (SW being left and NE being right) and the zoomed out map (world map) is the opposite. What really highlights that is the town map is shown in a big square/tile, and it's turned. While the World map isn't. This confuses me when running into different areas..
These are just suggestions given by a new fan of your game. I will copy and paste these suggestions in another forum if I have accidentally posted in the wrong thread! If so I'm sorry.
But again, thank you for this game. You will be getting a donation from me for sure!
Most of these suggestions have been discussed. I'll give a brief summary in answer to your suggestions.
1. It is known, I don't expect it will change at this point.
2. For Isometric 2-D games new equipment sprites are very costly for RAM. Beause the game isn't completed yet David is saving that RAM to introduce new monsters, attacks and other animations. After the game is complete he will add more sprites for things like helmets, 2-h attack animations, and the like.
3. If you play on Easy you can save in dungeons.
4. At this point I think the game is married to the current layout. There are numerous games (think Baulders Gate etc) that use a boxed layout.
5. You just haven't found the quality elemental damage weapons yet. The early tier elemental damage items are designed to be pretty weak, but also easily obtainable. But trust me there are some amazing elemental damage weapons in game. This is really a non-issue, with great in-game balance.
6. Again this is known, and not likely to change...
Although I had a thought/suggestion David. What if you put the cardinal compass directions on the movement Joystick? I think it would help clarify directionality for players who are less familiar with old isometric game layouts.