Testers Feedback -Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please report in this thread any issues you detect with translation in the test update. For general issues with the test update, report in this thread.

Only testers can get the update with the new languages added (Click here to become a tester); translations are very incomplete still and I won't add it in public releases until there's more of it.

Please no off-topic posts, let's keep it clean. A short post specifying the dialogue/window and the language specific problem is what helps the most. Also:

-For now I've included the localized files for russian, german, polish, portuguese and czech. Others are being completed and will be added later.
-Most of the game is still not translated. Only the UI, character names, items, and the dialogues around Lannegar are included, so please don't report "X is displayed in english". Much more is ready and will be added soon, this is kind of a pilot build to see how it goes.

ilarki

Translator
Some problems with russian translation is fixed, but need to check them in app.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
A small wish for UI cosmetics: Could you maybe increase the horizontal size of the Exit button on the main screen as well as of the two buttons below the item description window in the character sheet (you know, the drop/take/equip/use buttons)?

They are pretty small and, in the German translation, I couldn't find any appropriate strings which would fit the current size of those buttons and thus the text protrudes a bit, looking messy (I don't know if other languages have the same problem). There seems to be enough space to make them, let's say, 50% longer. Would this be feasible for the next language test update?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
alright, I'll make it bigger.

I intend to release a test update with more translated files and the corrections very soon, probably in a week, so I can make such small adjustment then.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
The dialogue of the priest in Lannegar is somehow screwed up in the German translation. For example, if I ask him about who the Three are, his answer appears in the lower part of the dialogue box (where my answers are expected). After that, question and answer seems to be wildly mixed.

Also: Is it intended that areas and skills are not translated yet? I thought that everything in the Other​s folder would be included.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Further language mix-ups:

When gossiping, the rumor boss​ text is in Spanish, with some catchwords being in German (or whatever language is selected) and occasionally English (monster name and area). Quite funny to look at, but a bit to confusing.

The same holds for the description of town hall quests, although here it's only English and localization language that's mixed up. Would probably be acceptable for the official release.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Skills, factions, areas, town halls and regions are not integrated yet. I will adapt the code during the week. Quests and conversations have been loaded up to the folder number 2.

I wanted to load all the Other folder, yes, but some bugs were urgent.

Definitely nothing should ever appear in spanish, checking.

Noted about the priest! Probably some rogue line break.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
Czech seems to be fine. Items and bestiary are perfect, nearly without mistakes - Buckler = Pukléř (i think i correct it yesterday).
Classes are translated incorrectly => correction: Cleric = Klerik, Rogue = Darebák.

Names of skills are in english, details about them in Spanish.

Menu perfect - only one correction return = zpĕt (now it is "zpět - looks weird).

Tutorial - all is perfect, only last dialogue with Adaon before sleeping is in english, also the main quest in quest log - mysterious letter - is in english.

Window of character - details = Detaily (now is there word: podrobnosti - it is too long).

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Can I have another wish for button enlargement? If the quick slot button in the character sheet would be just a little bit larger, the translated text would fit perfectly.

Edit: The same goes for the Take All button on containers.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Petr Šuhaj":13cj28ef said:
Czech seems to be fine. Items and bestiary are perfect, nearly without mistakes - Buckler = Pukléř (i think i correct it yesterday).
Classes are translated incorrectly => correction: Cleric = Klerik, Rogue = Darebák.

Names of skills are in english, details about them in Spanish.

Menu perfect - only one correction return = zpĕt (now it is "zpět - looks weird).

Tutorial - all is perfect, only last dialogue with Adaon before sleeping is in english, also the main quest in quest log - mysterious letter - is in english.

Window of character - details = Detaily (now is there word: podrobnosti - it is too long).

Just do the changes on the files, I'll reload them.

MikeB":13cj28ef said:
Can I have another wish for button enlargement? If the quick slot button in the character sheet would be just a little bit larger, the translated text would fit perfectly.

Edit: The same goes for the Take All button on containers.

Sure, done.

Status
Not open for further replies.