Testers Feedback -Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Please report in this thread any issues you detect with translation in the test update. For general issues with the test update, report in this thread.

Only testers can get the update with the new languages added (Click here to become a tester); translations are very incomplete still and I won't add it in public releases until there's more of it.

Please no off-topic posts, let's keep it clean. A short post specifying the dialogue/window and the language specific problem is what helps the most. Also:

-For now I've included the localized files for russian, german, polish, portuguese and czech. Others are being completed and will be added later.
-Most of the game is still not translated. Only the UI, character names, items, and the dialogues around Lannegar are included, so please don't report "X is displayed in english". Much more is ready and will be added soon, this is kind of a pilot build to see how it goes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Just uploaded 993 which fixes the trader/container column spacing, enlarges some buttons, fixed the lannegar priest conv. in german. I also updated the file Strings as several translations had edited it.

The next couple days I'll try to add as many new files as possible; skill descriptions, areas, regions.

I intend the update to go live this Thursday or Friday, until then you can make edits to the files. I will check what was modified, but in case I miss loading some updated files you can tell me in this thread.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":3zgm6wce said:
I will check what was modified, but in case I miss loading some updated files you can tell me in this thread.
German translation: Texts and Items have been modified lately, but are not yet updated. I have also fixed some corrections in most conversation files, so best to reload them all. ;)

Oh, almost forgot to say that the dialogue with the Lannegar priest still doesn't work properly in 993. It's still a mix-up of Q&A.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
There seems to be an issue with texts that contain double quotes ("XYZ"). They are simply missing in the in-game text.

If the use of double quotes in the translation poses a general coding problem, we might use single quotes instead (although it might be quite cumbersome to track them down through all the conversations).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
MikeB":2xi1og2s said:
There seems to be an issue with texts that contain double quotes ("XYZ"). They are simply missing in the in-game text.

If the use of double quotes in the translation poses a general coding problem, we might use single quotes instead (although it might be quite cumbersome to track them down through all the conversations).

Can you provide me an example of a conversation? I'll try to clean up at loading time.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":qlhcz7ed said:
Can you provide me an example of a conversation? I'll try to clean up at loading time.
The simplest example would be the Lannegar mine sign (H10_notice). The sign text is supposed to be in double quotes, but they don't appear.

Petr Šuhaj

Translator
Hi David, I corrected words /texts in several files inside folder: "Other".

I also sent you feedback about game crush - in czech version interaction with Constanze inside the Bandit Hideout leads to closure of game with information: this game stop working (this happens before any dialogues with her appears).

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I think I solved all the issues above (... probably).

Next update in a few hours will include Conversation03 and Quest03 for Czech and German, as well as Factions, Skills (normal and advanced), areas and regions. The only "Other" files still missing are the town halls, and the "location" files from TH quest and bosses.

I also updated Strings and Texts.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Priest conversation works fine now.

The Items file is still not reloaded, updated it a few days ago. I also made some corrections to Factions (only typos) as well as Skills and Advanced_Skills (fixing an issue with doubled periods).

Regarding the double quotes: The result varies. In case of the Lannegar mine sign, they now appear correctly, but the whole text is wrapped in single quotes. In the case of the description of difficulty modes in the character creation menu, where "Normal" should appear in the description of Casual mode and "Hard" should appear in the description of Iron Man mode, it now says 'Normal' (in single quotes) or just Hard (without any quotes). Haven't checked other dialogues yet, since they are not that easily accessible. All in all it's not a big issue, just wanted to point out that it doesn't seem to work consistently.

Edit: I'm referring to the German version, of course. In the English version, everything appears correctly in single quotes.

And there's still the problem with the description of the character classes (upon hitting "Learn more" in the character creation menu) which I described in the other testing thread. The appearing window is all black, with just the highlighted text being visible. Occurs in the English version as well.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah I didn't update all of the Other files, will do today.

quotes... will look further into it.

regarding the black background, it doesn't happen in any of my test devices. I suspect a full game restart deleting the cache will solve the issue for you, but I think this is ultimately caused by the "old" way to store static textures which I have replaced in most game UIs, yet still persists here. I'll try to fix it.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
DavidBVal":s3cl09af said:
regarding the black background, it doesn't happen in any of my test devices. I suspect a full game restart deleting the cache will solve the issue for you, but I think this is ultimately caused by the "old" way to store static textures which I have replaced in most game UIs, yet still persists here. I'll try to fix it.
Deleting the cache indeed works... once. But after restarting the game it is all black again.

But at least I was able to do a screenshot of another (mere cosmetic) issue that, frankly speaking, annoys me a bit:

Screenshot_20170517-103609.png

Can you get rid of this extra whitespace at the end of highlighted (blue) text? It makes the whole text look a bit messy, especially when followed by a comma, period or colon. Can't remember that it looked that way before the last major update.

Just in case you wonder: I'm sick at home this week, so I have plenty of time to bother you with all these details... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.