New classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

VDX_360

Staff member
NO! NO! NO!

Not that "Beast Tamer" wouldn't be an awesome class to play. It would. BUT, we're still trying to get the Mage Class and Version 1.0 out, so let's not go distracting the Developer.

Oh, and if "Beast Tamer" is added, I want "Necromancer" and "Bard" added, and a pack horse.

JEIZER

If a Necromancer would be very good and more if he uses a kusarigama or some type of scythe

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks for the ideas, but you know how EK is designed: rather than having two dozen closed classes with a linear progression, it has a few classes and many advanced skills. After 1.0 I will work on the mage and also on new skills, you might be able to make your mage a necromancer or a summoner or... Whatever, via skill selection. A new class in the game requires a huge rebalance, new itemization of tons of armor and weapons, etc. After the mage is out you might expect new skills, but not new classes. Some of the new skills might involve animal interaction, others might resemble bardic music, so in the end it is you who will define a custom build.

Vaaclav

Translator
As is was discussed earlier, some time ago, I don't know in which topic exactly (and now I am a bit lazy to search for), there is also way in sub-classes that would have some very unique (advanced) skills.

In those sub-classes, probably bard-like class could be (but hard to say which class would be mother). And also necromancer could be sub-class of mage.

Advanced skills as way of various ways inside one class is good, but I would like to see following relation between (some) skills: If you have not learnt class skill (for example Sacred fire), still you can learn related advanced skill (for example Flames of Faith), but it will cost more skill points (of skill that is normally counted as prerequisite).

So, in example of relation Sacred fire - Flames of Faith, the first level of Flames of faith without learnt Sacred fire will cost 6 SP instead 1.

Slick24

I think there should be a class that can wield 2 swords at a time instead of one sword and off-hand weapon. Maybe a barbarian, pirate, or weapon master?

Barbarian-good at mob combat and uses its own hp to "rage" in combat.

Pirate-good at plundering golds from enemies and good trader("swindeler") with merchants.

Weapon master-good at wielding almost every weapon and can apply element buffs at weapons.

Grim Rapper

Slick24":3hvqzb2u said:
I think there should be a class that can wield 2 swords at a time instead of one sword and off-hand weapon. Maybe a barbarian, pirate, or weapon master?

Barbarian-good at mob combat and uses its own hp to "rage" in combat.

Pirate-good at plundering golds from enemies and good trader("swindeler") with merchants.

Weapon master-good at wielding almost every weapon and can apply element buffs at weapons.

DavidBVal":3hvqzb2u said:
A new class in the game requires a huge rebalance, new itemization of tons of armor and weapons, etc.

All three class that you're descripted can be implemented as an Advanced skill later on (including the ability to wield different weapon at both hand). Having another three class more for just a mere ability bonus is not worth the rebalancing and both items and weapon pool.

Your barbarian can be named as a "Juggernaught" skill, Pirate as a "Purge" skill (as the swindeler thing, David can implement an item called "Membership Ring" that can be gained in future Golden Hands quest later)

tbh I don't think David will implemented a skill as over-powered as "Good at wielding almost every weapon and can apply element buffs at weapons", as it'll cause more imbalance against 3 classes (both in skill and item)

Hope this explenation can understand you

Slick24

I understand, new classes means more balancing in weapons and the game itself which requires a lot of work.

Schnolhamor

DavidBVal":3nmca3hq said:
Thanks for the ideas, but you know how EK is designed: rather than having two dozen closed classes with a linear progression, it has a few classes and many advanced skills. After 1.0 I will work on the mage and also on new skills, you might be able to make your mage a necromancer or a summoner or... Whatever, via skill selection. A new class in the game requires a huge rebalance, new itemization of tons of armor and weapons, etc. After the mage is out you might expect new skills, but not new classes. Some of the new skills might involve animal interaction, others might resemble bardic music, so in the end it is you who will define a custom build.

The mage should be an OP class available after beating the game once.

Status
Not open for further replies.