Advanced skill request: two companions

Cuckoorex

I think I already brought this up elsewhere, but I think it would be a nice advanced skill, maybe it has a high skill point cost so it isn't easy or cheap to get, or maybe it only becomes available after completing a special quest? And maybe successive ranks in that skill would reduce how much XP they leech from the player, or increases their XP bonus %? Would be nice to balance out the party and provide more support for the player's character, I think.

VDX_360

Staff member
I would OPPOSE this idea.
Given Companions are immortal (re-spawn quickly), having two companions would destroy the game balance (Circle of restoration every second would be an extreme option).

Hbtgustavo

Translator
VDX_360":33fl6wsy said:
I would OPPOSE this idea.
Given Companions are immortal (re-spawn quickly), having two companions would destroy the game balance (Circle of restoration every second would be an extreme option).

Well, since they only come back to life after the enemies are dead, maybe it wouldn't destroy all the balance... I think it would be nice for allowing you to use their secondary abilities, like a classic RPG's party.

Or maybe put this as a premium feature, that you must buy with real money (like an expansion pack or something). I'm one of those who would pay a good amount to unlock this, hahahaha).

I really don't know, maybe it brings more problems than solutions at the game mechanics, but sounds good to me...

VDX_360

Staff member
1) Companions can use potions, same as the main player. Thus with two Companions, one could simply keep swapping between two Companions buffing them up to near immortality. (I'm rather found of giving a shield Grissenda an potion of ogre might, or starting a boss fight by giving her a potion of tragic hero).

2) Scroll of Circle of Restoration brings your KO'ed all Companions and party members back into action, even in the middle of a fight. It's the best reason for Warriors and Rogues to have the skill Magical Training. For a few updates the scroll was heads and shoulders above any other healing item. (It was added well before the Ashen Coast healing items).

I can envision a game in which the player controls a three party team of one hero and two supporting companions. The game might be pretty fun to play, but it's not this game. The game balance just isn't designed for that type of team.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
My next game will be party-based, but EK isn't and it would be impossible to balance, plus the game is coded with just one companion in mind. Unfortunately this idea can't be implemented, sorry.