Magical runes are for dummies?

Slick24

I'm going straight to the point, i have no idea in magical runes that can open portals. Take the mission "Poisoned River" quest for example, i think it will be impossible for me to finish this quest without me looking at the wiki quest guide.

Now is there anyone here who is able to finish this quest without using wiki? If so please i would love you to reply here with your knowledge of magical runes. I would love to learn more about them because i know there will be more riddle involving them in future quests.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Runes used here are just puzzle. If there is some "hidden" meaning behind them, I don't know about it.

Also, wiki editors have to solve puzzle(s) before they can make wiki article(s). All wiki is community made.

Slick24

Yeah the meaning of each runes is just hard to understand, but after memorizing the meaning of the runes made by wiki, i don't have to go back and fort to the game and wiki which saves me time.

Also i think its appropriate to put this in here since its somewhat relevant, but Poisoned River quest usually don't give exp after talking to Captain Demetrius? Besides the 2 awesome reward? I just talked to him but no exp was given.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Poisoned River rune puzzle isn't too hard to solve without the wiki. It's a simple logic puzzle to narrow down each symbol's meaning.

It helps if you treat the symbols as arbitrary, than go from there.
Four symbols, call them A, B, C, D.
Teleportation room needs 3 unique symbols. Flip over all four and than unflip one of the four till the room unlocks. Presto you now know the symbol NOT part the teleportation room.
Security room requires 2 unique symbols, one of which is the one NOT used for the Teleportation room. So you really need at most three guesses to figure out which one. Now you know two symbols.
Storage requires 3 symbols, one of them twice. Two of them are known from the security room so it's really a simple either or guess between the two remaining symbols of which one is twice. Now, you know 3 of the symbols, making the fourth one known by process of elimination.
River room requires 3 symbols, two of them twice but by now you know all the symbols so just flip and go.

Slick24

I really wish I haven't figured out that there's a wiki, because I relied on it so much that I haven't solve this puzzle without thinking how simple it is if you really put it in your mind. Used it too for other quests, so i feel so bad to myself right now.

But I promise that I will solve all the upcoming quests and puzzle in future updates without using wiki.
I really hope there's more riddle for the future updates for me to solve, which will make my adventure more challenging.

VDX_360

Staff member
I feel you on that!
One must have self-control not to spoil the game.
There's a few more puzzles in the game.

SirDonkalot

I was pretty stuck there aswell trying to identify the right runes..

After being there for a long time pressing random buttons , i eventually realised im getting closer looking for combinations that are not possible..