A question about holy element.

Slick24

I understand that holy element lessens the chance for you to be stunned or paralyze by an enemy, but how does it for a weapon? Does it prevent you from being stun/paralyze or does it stun/paralyze the enemy? Weapon like Sonnet from Nightwalker.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
To my knowledge Spirit works differently as an attack element than it does as a resistance. A weapon with spirit damage does some additional elemental damage (just as fire/cold/shock/toxic/death weapons) but nothing else, unless it explicitly has the attribute "Stun". On the other hand, an armor with Spirit resistance provides protection from Stun and Paralysis.

Slick24

Yeah I meant the element spirit, so it does spirit damage rather than stunning/paralyzing. No wonder how hard I try using weapon sonnet I can't stun/paralyze them. Thanks for the reply.

VDX_360

Staff member
There's been a discussion about having the Spirit Element CAUSE stun, as Spirit Resistances REDUCES stun but that idea hasn't gotten too much traction so far. Right now the only real benefit of Spirit Element damage is the limited number of enemies resistant to it so it makes for a safer go-to when doing dungeons with multiple element resistances at play.