Few Suggestions And Opinions

Grim Reaper

Few Suggestions And Opinions

I have a few suggestions, exploits to point and as well, while making a post, i wanna point out some things i consider very interesting in game so far... So let me start by writing all those stuff i wanna suggest and shit... There is not much since this game is really great, but here is what i got... Ima list it and then ima say something about each separately:

1. Name Change
  2. Health/Mana Regeneration/Leeching
  3. Shared Vault
  4. Crafting/Mining
  5. Boss Respawn
  6. Mounts
  7. Sets
  8. MMO version

Name Change

How about u add an option to change char's name for some amount of gold same as how there is option to rest ur skills... maybe an option to change ur avatar as well... when talking about options what do u think about an option to show/hide ur helmet?

Health/Mana Regeneration/Leeching

How to make it work?
Ik that any actual changes on this question would ask for rebalance and remake of whole recovery system... since if you could regenerate ur hp and mana fully there would be no need for recovery option, there would be no need for sleeping nor for option to pray on altar of the three for mana. But here is what i have in mind to cover for it... Altar already has use of donating for gain of exp... You can rework praying on it this way... u can pray once a day to gain 1 rep with the three, in case u do not pray for three days in a row u would lose 1 rep. Now back to sleeping... How about if u do not sleep for some period of time u r feeling more and more tired and ur regen is lower and lower (both mana and hp)... and if u do not sleep for like 2 days it starts going negative (u can make this depend on ur endurance, would be kewl... also would be kewl if u make that other stats lower amount of time u can stay awake without degen... as an example of explanation... str puts physical strain on ur body so u need to rest more often... or intellect puts intellectual strain on ur body and thinking so much makes you tired...). There is also a recovery... i have no idea how to make it usefull... u would prolly have to delete it along with recovery skill... if u do that just reset everyone's skill points when update arrives... You could also remove whole system overall which would be favorable for something else i have in mind, we will come to that later...
Actual changes on regen
How about making a system where u regen 0.5+0.25*End+0.1*Str per sec (i think it ain't 2 much nor 2 low, tho idk XD).
So lets give it an example... somebody lvl 10 has 200ish hp, 7 Str(1 from item usually at that lvl) and 2 End.. he would have 1.7hp regen per sec, i think that should be okay.. Mana could regen like 0.1+0.1*Int+0.1*Per... lets give it an example here... lvl 10 mage... he would have lvl 6 Int and lvl 2 Per and about 90 mana and he would regen 0.9 mana per sec... To fully regen form 1 each u would need 100 sec if u builded ur char this way which should be okay... also notice that all regen should be active all the time, not only when standing and up to half hp - 50 points.

Life/Mana Leeching
What about adding those options on weapons such as there is orcslayer and whatever else... up to 3, each gives 5% life leech... so Life Leech 3 would give 15% damage u do converted to life... Maybe adding something a like to specific items as well... gloves or rings maybe...

Shared Vault

How about making that vaults cost a bit more and that they are shared on 1 account? That would really give a point to use same exact acc when making more chars? Notice that unique drops and quest items shouldn't be able to be put in the vault.

Crafting/Mining

I think that u r prolly thinking about adding this since there is a craft button already... anyways here is my idea on this matter... so how about mining some ores and cutting some wood... u would need to buy woodaxe/pickaxe/hammer for crafting and mining tho... to forge smth u need to stand near a forge... While writing this a great idea hit me.. how about making a house quest giver in ur house when u buy 1? it shoulg give ya quests such as bring me this material or smth else a like to be able to upgrade ur house(adds some decor, such as fur carpets or smth... makes it bigger perhaps.. depending on quests...)... adding loads of those quest would be nc. later on when u complete all those house quests u could have forge, stable, enchant pendant, ur own waypoint and whatever else which would be connected to all other waypoints and could be traveled from 1 to another for free(only free when traveling to the house, not other waypoints)... maybe also some chests which auto produce material per day once u brought that same material to ur house when quest was given to u...

Boss Respawn

How about making boss spawns totally unconnected to the dungeon reset and therefore they can respawn while u r in dungeon itself... now u wonder if u were to enable this system why making it this way... reason is simple, u do not want to enable boss farming... how would that benefit when compared the current spawn system? It is quite simple... make a boss spawn once a week or month or however u like it... would be nc if it would depend on boss lvl/drops...In case u make this u should make those bosses which drops all their shit to have chance to drop them instead

Mounts

How would mounts work like? I would suggest making a stable master somewhere on the map which owns a stable and horses ofc... U would need to complete a quest given to you by a stable master... quest should be quite hardcore... when u finish it u can buy a horse which asks for level 1 mounting skill... he should have base speed, lets say +5.. would need 12 sec to summon and it could be easily unsummoned by low rate hits... buying horse should cost gold as well... higher level horse should have lower summon time, should have more speed and should have more resistance to being unsummoned... note: ur horse should be auto unsummoned, not on the press, on the actual attack tho... Besides horses on endgame u should be able to buy some flying mounts which would be able to fly over trees and hills...

Sets

How about making items which give additional stuff when worn together? in case they give traits u can also make them overrule the rule which does not allow stacking for stats when u wear more items of that type, tho it would only work for set bonus or smth...besides traits u can make them give actual levels on some skills which would be even better... in case u reached lvl 3(max for that skill) and set gives you +1 it would still go to lvl 4 with some custom stats which would follow the pattern of how skill leveled so far

MMO version

Ik that this, even if it comes true 1 day, won't be before i quit the game cuz either completed it 10 times and got bored of it or i won't be on the side of the living anymore... either way here is what i had in mind... There are few things that would have 2 change... Sleeping would prolly have to go, as i mentioned on start, since there is no way to make it work in MMO version since time of day has to be same for everyone... that would have to change... as well as time spent in tavern chit-chatting for rumors... Since rumors are necessary part of the game i would suggest to not be able to do anything for 10 sec after pressing rumor or smth... as for a boat what about u watching a ride until u come to wanted location,
also notice that it should last a way less... Now there is a death issue as well... how about when u respawn u lose 5% of ur current exp and like 5*times+5%gold? Also add an option in town on altar of the three for setting that altar as ur respawn point or smth... There could also be a problem with payment when u would make it mmo... tho i do not think so, just leave it as it is or even better... remove option that it has to be payed overall :p

those were suggestions... now lets talk about exploits and a bugs a bit.. ima represent them the same way:

1. Companion Exploit
  2. Save Bug

Companion Exploit

Now what could i mean by this? i actually do not know did u guys make this so u can always escape the situation (wouldn't be actually needed if there was a decent hp regen system) but whenever u load a game ur companion which had 5% hp before load would always jump on 50%

Save Bug

Save Bug 1
Why 1? since i found more save bugs ofc... Now back to the topic...
there is a bug when u save at a time when ur companion is dead and later on load on when u try to load it companion does not wanna to revive unless u switch maps

Save Bug 2
It can happen that u accidentally save and overwrite ur save while in combat and u r about to be killed... and if there is no way for u to run from certain dead in that position ur save file became trash and u can't do much about it then load an older 1 if u have 1... so what about disabling a save option while in combat?

on the end of my post i would like to point some thing which i especially love about this RPG:

1. Amount and Variability of Quests
  2. Contrast of the dialogue
  3. Variability of stuff one can do/choose

well guys, thx for ur time reading this... also ik that some of those changes would be extremely hard to make and that they would consume a lot of time, and that developer should focusing on finishing game for now, but i still thought they are worth mentioning... also i am sry for all those grammar mistakes i surely have in this post.. since i rushed to end it without giving it much observation

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Grim Reaper":16m1q4ny said:
Save Bug 2
It can happen that u accidentally save and overwrite ur save while in combat and u r about to be killed... and if there is no way for u to run from certain dead in that position ur save file became trash and u can't do much about it then load an older 1 if u have 1... so what about disabling a save option while in combat?

Go to continue game->choose folder icon->choose auto save (saved at your last sleep).

Grim Reaper

ik that, but that could be 2-3 days before... anyhow it is up to developer, not us... ah ye i remembered 1 more bug, actually not bug in the sense of that word, more like smth highly illogical... minotaur's greataxe. That greataxe gives 3-21 damage and it can be sold for 300 gold. Bluesteel greataxe which gives 2-18 can be sold for 425 gold... i would suggest making minotaur's cost 600 gold...

Grim Reaper

Just found another huge bug while i was playing on computer over BS... There are 2 bugs actually...
bug number 1:
once when u change controlling settings so u can play it on ur computer and u make new char those settings won't aplly until u save and load it
bug number 2:
there is a bug with an attack. it tends to keep repeating once u press ur attack key on ur keyboard until u literally press attack key with ur mouse(this key: http://prntscr.com/g1roge). While it is repeating u can't move, or use any other ability. Interesting part of this bug is that it does not repeat when using that very icon,
only when using shortcut key for it on ur keyboard(in my case it is space)

it would be kewl if u could make a hotfix fixing this second bug...
since it is kinda hard to play when it occurs.. a way to remove it for me was a reopening app, but it ain't working every time...

VDX_360

Staff member
Grim Reaper":1t6r327a said:
... that could be 2-3 days before...

This seems like another self-imposed hardship stemming from an over reliance of the Regeneration Ability. A player is advised to regularly save via both quicksaves and inns. If a player is playing normally, he or she would naturally rest at an inn fairly regularly.

There's been a discussion about including an reminder of the game's save function in the the game manual, which is ideally accessible while in-game. The Yellow Folder technique to load from an auto-save is one of the more asked about aspects of the game.

Grim Reaper

just arrived in freetown... and found a quite interesting missmatch in price once again... here is the sword i have rn:

and this is the axe i can buy in that same town

only difference is element used, beast slayer II and 1% crit chanse in favor of the axe... i do not think that value of those 2 is different for 10 times...

Attachments

• sword.jpg
    sword.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 920
  • axe.jpg
    axe.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 920

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Grim Reaper":2if17zdv said:
Just found another huge bug while i was playing on computer over BS... There are 2 bugs actually...
Playing on PC using emulator isn't officially supported.

Bugs may come from emulator, not EK.

Anyway, if you want to play EK on PC (I know I want that), you'll need to wait for official PC version, at least if you want support for bugs.

Grim Reaper

Now, after playing some time today i found/remembered few bugs and illogical things... okay.. lets start...

Bug number 1.
if u remember the quest Gilmour gives... he asks for 3 "venous sacks", while correct item's name is poisonous sack which can lead to confusion.
Bug number 2.
in the fire dungeon in tower where u meet image of ur grandfather there is a hole in the wall somewhere on the right side of the dungeon... from that hole u can be attacked by imps and dogs
Bug number 3.
idk for other locations but at the entrance in irazur tomb archers can hit trough wall, i do not think u had that planned...

now to wrap all this comment with few more illogical prices i found today...

Illogical price number 1.

Illogical price number 2.

if u guys wish i can edit main post and put all this stuff there... or i can just keep writing comments in this 1..

Attachments

• cleaver.jpg
    cleaver.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 904
  • helm.jpg
    helm.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 904

VDX_360

Staff member
Other than the PC Emulator issues, all the points you have mentioned are known issues. It would be easier to respond to your posts if you write in a more concise way.

As for prices, yes, small increases in ability start to come with very large increases in prices. Diminishing returns on merely buying items. That large price difference also deters players from simply running to Freetown and buying higher tier gear right from the start. Most of the time, one can find comparable or better gear, simply from item drops in dungeons or quest rewards so steep prices at Freetown aren't really an issue.

Grim Reaper

did i ever say that axe's price is overrated? in my opnion items that can be bought have decent and fair prices.. but there are illogical values of some of droping items....