Seeking Player Input on Regeneration Feature

VDX_360

Staff member
Who: Players that are using the regeneration feature (available on lower difficult settings).

What: A quick response to the following questions:

1) How often are you using it? I.e. never, rarely, multiple times in a dungeon?
2) Do you use it before a boss fight or to simply survive the next monster?
3) Are you relaying on the regeneration ability when you plan a dungeon run? (i.e. not buying health potions).
4) Do you relay on the regeneration ability in lieu of getting better equipment, defensive skills or from getting equipment with the right elemental resistance for the area?
5) Do you feel having the regeneration ability encourages you to try to take on dungeons or areas of the game too strong for your character?

Grim Reaper

depends on how much dmg i suffer... usually 2-3 times per dungeon, since i am clearing them with 1 hit... (lvl 10 warrior, 16 armor, 220hp, 50 dps)

both ig

3) Are you relaying on the regeneration ability when you plan a dungeon run? (i.e. not buying health potions).
yep, even tho i am lvl 10, cuz i prefer higher dps, so being in fury while running dungeon is ma style :p

4) Do you relay on the regeneration ability in lieu of getting better equipment, defensive skills or from getting equipment with the right elemental resistance for the area?
had to google that "lieu" since this is my first time hearing of it... anyhow.. i relay on both regen, armor and res.. i can kill lvl 16 boss now(already did), as lv 10 cuz relaying on both

4)Do you feel having the regeneration ability encourages you to try to take on dungeons or areas of the game too strong for your character?
yep, but i think regen is quite bad a sit is now... would be better if there is always constant smaller regen which takes place at all time...

11redsky11

Hardly never now that i'm lvl 14 but used it loads from lvl 1-8,9ish.

Simply to survive

Yes in the early lvl's not so much after lvl 10

No

5) Do you feel having the regeneration ability encourages you to try to take on dungeons or areas of the game too strong for your character?
Yes definitely I died load's when using it early on, but now I know the game mechanics better so no.

Cuckoorex

11redsky11":1qf9xzcy said:
Hardly never now that i'm lvl 14 but used it loads from lvl 1-8,9ish.

Simply to survive

Yes in the early lvl's not so much after lvl 10

No

Yes definitely I died load's when using it early on, but now I know the game mechanics better so no.

My answers are pretty much the same, except even with my high-level characters I'll sometimes use the regen in order to give myself more of a challenge; like I'll see if I can clear out an entire dungeon without using a potion or recovery, just with Hirge's healing, and then when she runs out of mana, I'll try to get through the rest using only skills like Evasion and using regen feature to get to 50 hp before moving on to the next enemy.