Combining advance skills

Slick24

Why is some advance skills only available for certain class? Why can't it be just for everyone?
For instance I'm thinking of teaching my archer Magical training so that I can use spells required with mana and combining it with Summon Wolf so that my archer is a beastlord. This way I have more distraction for the enemies making them forced to attack my wolf or companion and I get to fire them with barrage of arrows. Problem is Summon wolf skill is only for Clerics, and is not available for anyone else. I mean magical training would not likely to be learned, since you can only use it for scrolls of monsters and scrolls of healing, but you can just simply use Hirge to use them.

subgenius

Magical training is crazy useful for scrolls of restoration alone. The benefit of resurrecting your ally and getting a big heal is worth the investment in the first level of the skill.

For the rest, I can see your point about flexibility, but it also carries the risk that all characters turn out to be very similar since there are some skills that shine much more than others. Being forced to a degree down a path based on your class does make it so each class has a strongly different feel. If we could all take any of the advanced skills, I think a lot of that character would be lost.