Various suggestions

phaolo

Loreseeker
Here are a few suggestions to improve the game, in my opinion:

- Quicksave shouldn't work during combat and its button is a bit too near the Load one. One time I saved by mistake while I was surronded by high-level Trolls.. RIP XD

- can you try to improve the digital "control pad"?
It often happens that when I tap on it, the character moves backwards (annoying near map edges). I don't know if it's because it's too small or what. I can't be the only one with this issue..

- keeping 0 intelligence and personality for a warrior doesn't seem harmful like in other RPGs. Maybe you should add more checks during conversations (and show the missed ones). I'm only at level 8, btw.

- there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.
- explain better that the vault can be accessed from every city.

phaolo

Loreseeker
Other things:

- I noticed that when you die, the explored area on the map isn't discarded.
This allows the trick to carelessly run around in dangerous new places just to uncover everything. It's convenient, but.. is this by design?

- I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the dungeons difficulty increases if you apply your new traits\skills before entering them.. am I correct? o_O
Right now I'm level 11 with a bunch of unused available points just to better farm some of the early places..

- mod request: can you remove annoying obstacles on common paths?
E.g: in South Bluemist River, those little stones on the path to KB near the western edge.

- mod request: can you add another Town Hall access in New Garand? It's annoying when you're on the other side of the bridge..

Grim Rapper

phaolo":1gamstkd said:
Other things:

- I noticed that when you die, the explored area on the map isn't discarded.
This allows the trick to carelessly run around in dangerous new places just to uncover everything. It's convenient, but.. is this by design?
This is actually a issue for a long time ago, perhaps fter the recent version of 1.0, David will look at one of the old issue (like this one)

- I'm not 100% sure, but I think that the dungeons difficulty increases if you apply your new traits\skills before entering them.. am I correct? o_O
Right now I'm level 11 with a bunch of unused available points just to better farm some of the early places..
At some point of your level progression, several spawn-point will spawn a harder version of the original enemy before (like from Goblin -> Goblin Seregant), so it's affect enemy difficulty
- mod request: can you remove annoying obstacles on common paths?
E.g: in South Bluemist River, those little stones on the path to KB near the western edge.
Visual cosmetics is pretty realistic, but it's not a good idea actually
- mod request: can you add another Town Hall access in New Garand? It's annoying when you're on the other side of the bridge..
I prefer "change the location", but I agree why

phaolo

Loreseeker
Other suggestions for the dev:

- boss rumors really get in the way of Town Hall quests.
If a pair of them appear.. goodbye useful informations.
Can you do something about it?
For example, make that each gossip attempt will provide both TH and (eventual) boss results (so 1-2 windows per check).
Or, as a worse solution, show only 1 level of info about bosses during TH quests.

- EDIT: same thing for black shards. It's the 10th time I get the same rumor about the bank.
But hints for other locations? None.

- can you add quests to the Journal even if they can't be started yet?
They're difficult to track otherwise.
Examples:
--Sergeant X has a job for me, but I'll need to be friendly (rep Y) with his guild first.
--I'm not experienced enough to start this quest (Level N).
--etc

- how are the quest sorted in the Journal? I never find them easily.
An order by name would be quite useful.

- can you update the word map with more details?
E.g:
--you can't follow the river directly from Kingsbridge to Rhonesis, because there are mountains instead of plains inbetween.
--there are various mountains in Eastern Inori too.
--the Trollfens rivers are a bit simplified and then they're wrong in Zamohr.
--why do the Rhonesis Plains belong to Ilmara instead of Mercia? o_O
--why are Mercia "coordinates" centered on Freetown, instead of being based on the region like for Varsilia?
--etc..

--

This is for fellow Loreseekers:
- can we make a Wiki page about optimal routes? (walking, boat, teleport).
(ideally, a dedicated map..)

Kuratha

Staff member
I'd actually been working on such a page and will give it a little more priority. Been working on indexing the new content area for the wiki.

Zeekoslav

I noticed that aggro is same for all levels, i hate when i run near NPC 5 lvls lower than me, but he still charges at me. If the level diffrence is great the aggro is small, that's the idea.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
phaolo":71zoqup6 said:
- can you add quests to the Journal even if they can't be started yet?
They're difficult to track otherwise.
Examples:
--Sergeant X has a job for me, but I'll need to be friendly (rep Y) with his guild first.
--I'm not experienced enough to start this quest (Level N).
--etc
Great idea. You have my vote for that one.

Kuratha

Staff member
phaolo":22ave7nt said:
Other suggestions for the dev:

This is for fellow Loreseekers:
- can we make a Wiki page about optimal routes? (walking, boat, teleport).
(ideally, a dedicated map..)
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... orders.jpg

As requested, a verrry basic and rudimentary map containing routes, borders, names (to be added soon).

Adding routes soon...

Sorry all I had on me was Paint. Computer crashed so I don't have access to my photo editors and Photoshop. Good thing library computers are accessible (lol Loreseekers).

phaolo

Loreseeker
Another thing:
shouldn't Hirge get "mad" about Mercia's customs?
She should really say something about those slavers.
(also if you attempt some Town Hall quests)

theseriousone23":19lujs8s said:
a verrry basic and rudimentary map containing routes, borders, names (to be added soon). [..] Sorry all I had on me was Paint.
Nice thanks, but well.. that's really too rudimentary at the moment :p
(also due to the low res map).
Btw, I remember that someone joined all isometric areas and adapted the world map to them: routes by foot are probably easier to spot there.

DavidBVal":19lujs8s said:
A little bump for you, so you'll notice my new suggestions here and above. :p

Kuratha

Staff member
Btw, I remember that someone joined all isometric areas and adapted the world map to them: routes by foot are probably easier to spot there.

A little bump for you, so you'll notice my new suggestions here and above. :p

Saw and continued working... :D

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... itle=Areas
This link will take you to the new and improved Areas page which now includes a couple of new maps and some sorted tables to better search and understand all the areas and contents within.

The isometric table you probably were referring to might be David's main area table or http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... llenge_Map

I'm including links to the updated routes map http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... _World_Map and the fast travel map http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... ast_Travel
*edit fixed links

I will try to update the routes and find ways to keep the information on them simple yet aesthetically pleasing.

Any further suggestions or comments? please let me know~!

phaolo

Loreseeker
theseriousone23":3krwe3by said:
Err.. many links are broken.
EDIT: the last brackets are missing.

I already know the first 2, but the "isometric world map" I was talking about joined these kind of maps:
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/imag ... Valley.png

--

I quite like your routes map. :)

But remember also:
- to add\mark at least the towns.
- Tremadan's one-way tele to Freetown or to NG's Enclave.
- Grey Library Book to Wywern Mountains.

I wish that you could join your 2 maps, replacing the "regular routes" with the area "walls" (discarding the world map background).

I don't know if these additons could make a mess, though.