Various suggestions

phaolo

Loreseeker
Here are a few suggestions to improve the game, in my opinion:

- Quicksave shouldn't work during combat and its button is a bit too near the Load one. One time I saved by mistake while I was surronded by high-level Trolls.. RIP XD

- can you try to improve the digital "control pad"?
It often happens that when I tap on it, the character moves backwards (annoying near map edges). I don't know if it's because it's too small or what. I can't be the only one with this issue..

- keeping 0 intelligence and personality for a warrior doesn't seem harmful like in other RPGs. Maybe you should add more checks during conversations (and show the missed ones). I'm only at level 8, btw.

- there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.
- explain better that the vault can be accessed from every city.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
phaolo":1xirze8o said:
there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.
You can get a short description by simply tapping on the blue attribute text. And yeah, took me about 8 months to figure this out. :D

phaolo

Loreseeker
MikeB":1vzi68fi said:
phaolo":1vzi68fi said:
there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.
You can get a short description by simply tapping on the blue attribute text. And yeah, took me about 8 months to figure this out. :D
Oh lol, maybe I'd have tried that on a screen bigger than a smartphone.
Those attribute texts are too minuscole to even consider tapping them.

Oh btw, can we normal user update the Wiki? I don't see the Edit button..
I completed some town quests and I'd like to add the location of items\enemies.
(before I forget)

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
phaolo":o4q57624 said:
No, you can't. Editing is restricted to Loreseekers only. But you can easily become a Loreseeker and be granted the rights. A short notice here or in the Wiki thread is enough.

phaolo

Loreseeker
MikeB":1e6bdlgr said:
phaolo":1e6bdlgr said:
No, you can't. Editing is restricted to Loreseekers only. But you can easily become a Loreseeker and be granted the rights. A short notice here or in the Wiki thread is enough.
Uh ok, so can I become one?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
phaolo":3bsn6f9l said:
Here are a few suggestions to improve the game, in my opinion:

- Quicksave shouldn't work during combat and its button is a bit too near the Load one. One time I saved by mistake while I was surronded by high-level Trolls.. RIP XD

Originally I restricted the save in combat but people wants it that way so I left it. However switching the position is a sensible and easy to implement idea, so I just did it for 1020.

- can you try to improve the digital "control pad"?
It often happens that when I tap on it, the character moves backwards (annoying near map edges). I don't know if it's because it's too small or what. I can't be the only one with this issue..

Have you tried to enlarge it in Settings?

- keeping 0 intelligence and personality for a warrior doesn't seem harmful like in other RPGs. Maybe you should add more checks during conversations (and show the missed ones). I'm only at level 8, btw.

There are lots of fun (and sometimes useful) options given by mental traits, not to mention the XP bonus from a few INT points can mean an extra level in the endgame. The decision to not show the trait checks when requisites are not met is deliberate ;)

- there should be some ingame info about special item attributes like Holy, Beast slayer, etc.

Already replied by Mike. I am aware it's not intuitive atm.

- explain better that the vault can be accessed from every city.

Current text:

Magical Vaults can be used to store your items. You can access them from any Town Hall.

phaolo

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":37gzjth8 said:
Originally I restricted the save in combat but people wants it that way so I left it.
I really can't see why just saving between the fights wouldn't be better.
Unless it was due to that boss reload trick\cheat I read about.. :roll: :p
Anyway, May I ask an option to disable it? It's quite dangerous for normal players.

Have you tried to enlarge it in Settings?
Mm, it's already at max.
Maybe the issue happens because I treat the pad like a "physical" one, so I tap slightly below the center to move the "stick" up?
I don't have this problem in other games (e.g: Dungeon Quest), but I don't know exactly why..

There are lots of fun (and sometimes useful) options given by mental traits, not to mention the XP bonus from a few INT points can mean an extra level in the endgame. The decision to not show the trait checks when requisites are not met is deliberate ;)
Uh oh, I hope I didn't miss too much..
Anyway, in other RPGs those stats at 0 mean that the character can't speak and that he's disliked by all people. :p

Already replied by Mike. I am aware it's not intuitive atm.
Just add a conversation at the start that explains such feature ;)

Current text: Magical Vaults can be used to store your items. You can access them from any Town Hall.
Eh, I still wasn't sure if it meant that each Town Hall could access its own vault.
Also, I thought that it only allowed to store 1 item. Thank God it was more. XD

--

Another thing:
does the skill "Charge" cause the character to.. expose his back to the enemies?
Because I sometimes see "flanked" when I use it and my health goes down..
Maybe the hero should be immortal\resistant during such animation.

phaolo

Loreseeker
MikeB":1f87qm5b said:
Done. Have fun.
Do we really need to create a page for each bounty name here?
http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... all_Quests
Maybe similar quests place the target in the same N areas, but generate a random name every time..

Also, the target URLs point to 2 kind of pages: one is a rather empty enemy sheet (e.g: Goblin Beastmaster Izzo), whilst the other is the generic race (e.g: Goblinoids).
The latter seems more correct to me for such generic encounters.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
You might want to ask that in The Great Library subforum for wiki editors.