I think I figured out why the Ark is so frustrating for me (spoilers)

Cuckoorex

To review, I'm playing a lvl 24 Warrior and a lvl 23 Rogue... both have really good stats, armor, etc. The Rogue is having a way easier time of doing the Ark mostly because of Evasion, I think. Here's where the Warrior gets on my nerves:
He's a two-handed build, Massive Crits, Precision Strikes, Cleave, and Flurry. So when he's whacking away at a Steel Spider(s) or Steel Wizard, especially if they come at him in a group, he's hitting multiple targets and some may be at different strengths, and of course you never can tell when the next blow might end up being a Massive Crit that'll kill one or all of the 'bots. I dare not let up on the attacks because they do a lot of DPS to me, but then even though I'm ready to move away as soon as I see they're dead, he still goes through a slow attack animation before I'm able to move again, which means I'm getting hit a LOT with exploding enemies.

LOTS of deaths and reloads, not because I don't know the "trick" of moving away to avoid explosions, but because at any second I could land a huge hit and kill one or more... OR I could need to keep whacking away with "standard" hits and in that case I can time my escape better.

With the Rogue, I have two big advantages: Evasion and Archery. I can either save my Evasion until it looks like I'm close to killing a 'bot, or I can get them low on health and then start hit-and-run tactics with my bow, hopefully killing them from a distance. Unfortunately my Warrior is built for melee combat almost exclusively, so such a hit-and-run approach isn't as effective.

Anyway, that's my assessment. Also to note; I entered the Ark with over 130 Advanced Healing potions, thinking that might be enough... HAH! Not even close. Without Hirge healing me, I'm sucking down potions like crazy. Makes me realize how much I've relied on Hirge. Prior to entering the Ark, my Warrior could clear out almost any dungeon without using a single potion. Now, not so much!

VDX_360

Staff member
Cuckoorex":22b4crnz said:
...he still goes through a slow attack animation before I'm able to move again, which means I'm getting hit a LOT with exploding enemies. ...unfortunately my Warrior is built for melee combat almost exclusively, so such a hit-and-run approach isn't as effective.
Have you tried Warrior Skill Charge to help with both escaping or hit-and-run?

Spyder7723

Loreseeker
VDX_360":lyplgtyv said:
Cuckoorex":lyplgtyv said:
...he still goes through a slow attack animation before I'm able to move again, which means I'm getting hit a LOT with exploding enemies. ...unfortunately my Warrior is built for melee combat almost exclusively, so such a hit-and-run approach isn't as effective.
Have you tried Warrior Skill Charge to help with both escaping or hit-and-run?

Excellent advice! Definately will be adding that skill at the next level up.

VDX_360

Staff member
If you're using Charge as a simple get-out-of-the-way tactic, the first level is all you need. Charge IV does +160% damage, which is a pretty solid hit for a 2-H Warrior.

I encourage Warriors to have at least Charge I (1 skill point) as Charge can escape a mob, dash over a trap with no damage, or help escape an enemy when fleeing. It also can help close the distance to enemies that can stun from afar such as enemy archers.