Well, the Ark has broken me... Time to step away from EK for a while. (Spoilers)

Cuckoorex

I had been grinding and grinding away for days prior to the release of the finished game, farming emeralds, diamonds, equipment to sell, amassing 133 major healing potions and the 50k I knew I'd need to get the Force Belt. Managed to collect over 40 potions of Galade, too. Got through the Ark to the point where I needed to head up to the upper deck to face the final level... But I was out of all healing options by then. No way could I make it through the last level without a ton more potions.

So, *sigh*... I realize I need to get maybe three times as many potions, plus another 50k (I hadn't gotten the Force Belt because of I forgot where the vending machine was) and right now that much more grinding just seems like a tedious chore. I need a break.

Atomos

Get magical training advanced skill, and buy scrolls of circle of restoration from loreseekers ;) . That will get you going for a long while.

Isiliax

Remember that there isn't any wrong with recalling to Friguld, shipping to New Garand and using Traveling Stone to get back to Ark. This way you can for example:farm batteries, medical packs and items till you are so low, so you come back. And again, again, again. After 5 times of that I got over 10 big batteries/all possible items and some small for weapons.
After that you can easily fo to the upper deck.
Good luck :)

Gasparius

Feel your pain. I think the ending of this game is very off-putting. Need to spend my time enjoyably and not dismayed by wasted effort & frustration.