Please make saving in dungeons an option for any difficulty

LtChambers

Except for iron man mode. :)

This is a great rpg, certainly the best on mobile. But the idea of preventing save scumming to make the game more difficult really only leads to having to replay the same dungeons over and over (without accumulating xp). That aspect has never been fun to me. I didn't even know when I picked normal difficulty that it would mean no dungeon saving, and I don't want to restart now...

I just lost an hour of play time in the ark because I couldn't save. That frustrated me so much I came here, to register and make my first post a big whiny rant/feature request. :) Several weeks ago I got so frustrated with lack of saving in dungeons Edited to remove discussion of cheats and exploits consistent with forum rules. ~Brought to you by your friendly moderating team.but I'd much rather just be able to save. Now I may go back to invincibility, because the post death ark explosions are deadly. Which would be fine (fun, even) if I could save.

Speaking of cooldowns, they are a bit too long for keeping the pace of action going in a dungeon. I'd like to see some modal skills that require tradeoffs between offense/defense, like D&D 3e+. Flurry and that warrior resilience skill are good options. As is sneaking; it boggles my mind why sneaking has a cooldown instead of modal behavior.

Anyway, I hope this feedback helps. I'd be happy if the saving in dungeons option defaulted to false for normal and hard, but please don't leave it as a set in stone thing that requires restarting to change.

Sounkeng

Edited to remove references to cheats and exploits. Also moved to feedback forum, as that seems to be the more appropriate forum.

Zwackley

Loreseeker
The "Save & Exit" option can be used to save in a dungeon. It will take you out of the game though and you will thus need to do a Continue Game to get back to where you were.

LtChambers

The point is being able to reload at a point within a dungeon after dying. This is known judgementally as "save scumming". But some players prefer a challenging difficulty while still being able to save and load after death, in dungeons or not.

Cuckoorex

To me, it doesn't make sense to disable saving in dungeons at all. After all, if a player really wants to play like it's ironman mode, then just don't save in dungeons andif you want a player death to be final, it's pretty simple; you die, then instead of "continue game" you start a new one. No one is forcing anyone to save in dungeons or anything. But for me, playing in ironman mode would make me rage quit, especially in the Ark; no frickin' way am I going to spend over 100 hours playing and grinding and building up my character just to have it all end because I got boxed in by robots that blew up in my face. At that point, if I DIDN'T have the option to save and continue after dying, this app would be deleted lickety split.

Grim Reaper

Atomos":2y0kykoc said:
It's already possibile to save in dungeons, check out all game potions ;)

only on casual, not on other difficulties. please refrain from posting before actually reading the topic, since if u did u would know that very fact since it has been stated by post maker.

Sounkeng

If I may.

I understand the frustration that you re referring to. I have played through several dungeons just to die in the last encounter and it can be very frustrating.

But based on your posts you do understand why the game is structured the way it is. The game play of ek is designed to be challenging, and that challenge can be trivialized as you say by "save scumming". The game does provide a a game mode that does allow for saving inside dungeons (it didn't always).

I do know that it is frustrating once you have completed a large portion (or in your case practically all) of the game before learning about casual mode.

As a helpful suggestion for David, it might be worth making the game settings fluid where you can start the game on one game setting and then move to an easier setting later if you learn that the game is too difficult.

This would have the benefit of resolving these types of posts because individuals who have already invested a lot of time into the game in normal mode but would actually prefer to be playing i casual mode can make that shift. Meanwhile this shift wouldn't belittle the challenge of playing on hard or ironman mode because the gamemode reset would only be toward an easier difficulties.

This is my suggestion that I think most people would find to be a satisfactory solution to this often suggested request.

Grim Reaper

Sounkeng":2y8gpr1g said:
As a helpful suggestion for David, it might be worth making the game settings fluid where you can start the game on one game setting and then move to an easier setting later if you learn that the game is too difficult.

nobody would play hard on bosses.. tbh i totally agree with this post... playing on different difficulty shouldn't change game mechanics... also people would switch to easy just to quicksave and revert after...

Atomos

Grim Reaper":2ft7jyz6 said:
Atomos":2ft7jyz6 said:
It's already possibile to save in dungeons, check out all game potions ;)

only on casual, not on other difficulties. please refrain from posting before actually reading the topic, since if u did u would know that very fact since it has been stated by post maker.
Oh come on, ek.bak and stuff doesn't ring a bell for you? I simply don't want to promote save scumming on forum, but I can see that the author of this topic needs some way to prevent getting frustrated :p

Edit: unless the moderated part of his post was about this. In that case he shouldn't be that lazy xD