Battle Droid

JarrenDrahn

So I've now completed the game and noticed something with the Battle Droids.

The stun mechanic they have seems fairly broken but I'm unsure if it's intentional. At first I thought it was a percentage chance for their regular attack but then I noticed the absurd chance in the battle log. So then I figured it must be an activate ability like bash that allows them to stun the player, only it seems to have zero cool down and the ai sometimes doesn't use it and other times seemingly spams it. When they do spam it, it's pretty much game over, doesn't matter that I've optimized my characters lightening and spirit resistance. I just got stun locked to death while I frantically hit a quick potion and hope I recover at some point to use it.

Like I said, I'm not entirely sure how this attack works for them, but if it is an ability with no cool down then that seems very broken and is not fair at all. I use fair as opposed to challenge, because any other time I've had an issue in the game it's been simply a challenge I hadn't found a way around yet. This one though I'm stumped, my spirit resistance was as I high as I could get it while still retaining high lightening resistance.

I finished the game anyway, but a few times on the upper deck I found myself being stun locked to death by a single battle droid and had to re-run the area multiple times. It was very annoying given how cautiously I was playing, kiting single enemies and having optimized my gear for the area.

Anyway, if anyone else has noticed this or understands a way to avoid this in future it would be very appreciated.

P.s. As far as this being in feedback goes, if this is an ability the battle droid has, I believe it needs a cool down, or at least a longer one.

VDX_360

Staff member
Did you notice anything interesting about how the droids died?

PS: These are not the droids you're looking for...

JarrenDrahn

VDX_360":2aejxd22 said:
Did you notice anything interesting about how the droids died?

PS: These are not the droids you're looking for...

Besides the self destruct? Which I usually just move away from.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
It is merely a percentage of stun, just like many other attacks from other monsters but a bit higher, and it is a very fast attack. Basically, you need to have a very high stun resistance or immunity.

JarrenDrahn

DavidBVal":2lz49ere said:
It is merely a percentage of stun, just like many other attacks from other monsters but a bit higher, and it is a very fast attack. Basically, you need to have a very high stun resistance or immunity.

Well, getting stun immunity for a cleric or rogue in future won't be a problem. Getting it on my warrior would have required a re-spec for infantry training and I really wanted him to stay as a 2H for that play through.

Also I had 77 stun resistance and still noticed it said stunned 6 secs, 50%. Occasionally I'd get the half duration. Only way I could've gotten higher I suppose would be to wear the Iron Will mantle for the extra 25 if I sacrificed the Vorator Hide. Although the extra fire resistance is useful if I can't quite escape a self-destruct. Trying to prioritise resistance for the ark is difficult given there are several different things that can kill you and you can only optimize for 1 or 2.

It kinda sucks that to optimize for the ark certain builds aren't very good and you're forced to re-spec to avoid cheese deaths. I'm all for changing up my equipment for an area but when I've put time into a themed build, only to be forced to change it for one area kinda sucks. I really didn't want to have to use S&S for that playthrough.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Remember there are also potions of spirit resistance, right now you can have it well over 100 with adequate gear and buffs. Also, don't forget there is another Warrior skill that is very effective against stun: Battle Rage. In my own test run, I didn't have infantry training.

VDX_360

Staff member
There are a few places in the game with enemies with high stun chance so it's not like this is coming out of the blue.

JarrenDrahn

I know it isn't out of the blue but I just haven't found myself being stun locked death this much since paralysis was first added.

At 130 shock resistance and 750 or so hp it's silly that one battle droid can stun lock me to death sometimes. The 6 second time that keeps getting reset before I could snap out of it was annoying. I will admit I completely forgot about the potions and taking some of those in would have helped. Although farming the tesur flowers is a bit tedious and a pain.

Come to think of it, would it be possible to implement some sort of growing mechanic? Where you can plant flowers like the tesur and use something else (like a fertiliser), then come back in x amount of days and get x amount in return?

Edit: Btw does spirit resistance make you immune to stun at 100 or does it require 210 like elemental resistances?

Grim Reaper

DavidBVal":3qbydgbb said:
Remember there are also potions of spirit resistance, right now you can have it well over 100 with adequate gear and buffs. Also, don't forget there is another Warrior skill that is very effective against stun: Battle Rage. In my own test run, I didn't have infantry training.

btw, did u notice that armor from warrior's skill Resilience and potions do not stack? i am kinda wondering about battle rage and Resilience now.. and potions and battle rage.. it might not stack as well..