allie spells

IfiretBBQorc

Can you make it so we can put companion spells in the four slots. So they don't waste spells when cd. It would help big time to control them. keep the four slots just allow to assign slot to spells you want

Zalvarez0627

Loreseeker
IfiretBBQorc":9mb52xih said:
Can you make it so we can put companion spells in the four slots. So they don't waste spells when cd. It would help big time to control them. keep the four slots just allow to assign slot to spells you want
Would this really work, though? I have a hard enough time remembering to use my own skills. It could be helpful, especially with Hirge's heal ability, but might just make the game more confusing. One option that might help is telling your companion to only attack enemies that attack them first. You don't have complete control, but at least they're more likely to use a skill in the middle of a fight instead of wasting it.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for companion advanced skills :D

VDX_360

Staff member
Better Companion spell AI or some type of better battle commands (Don't use magic, etc) have been discussed before. It might be easier for battle commands than AI improvements (the AI has some interesting complications with every "fix").

Kuratha

Staff member
I believe most are referring to Hirge as comp for commands. You attack something and by that time Hirge has spammed its abilities and run over, the thing is dead, netting a waste of mana and abilities are put on cooldown.

Better companion AI sounds like the way to go (as complicated as that will be). We do have access to 'commands'.

What 'we' want is probably a use abilities toggle for comp or some sort of option to control how often we want them to use abilities. Sliders for each ability could be an easier way to implement such a thing, possibly under advanced companion UI.
e.g. Use heal at 50% hp instead of 30-40%. Use heal on me instead of you first. Toggle comp abilities -> rush the enemies. Use defense buff spell is damage exceeds x amount.

An auto-potion/item use function with limits and constrictions is also something probably wanted.

Fun fun fun~