Why I like this game. What do you guy's like about this game?

AmishPancake

[*]It's a pure a challenge, Never playing it before I put it on hard mode, first play through. And my phone screen is still not cracked! Can't say the same for some of my old console controllers back in the day but oh well.

[*]There are no in-app purchases. This here by solemnly is one of the best things for a mobile game enjoyment, there is no advantage it's a straight up fair game. I see "rpgs" with in app purchases I uninstall.

[*]It's nostalgic, reminds me of the time's in baldur's gate for playstation 2 back in the day when my cousin would pick up all the items I would want. And as he would fall asleep I'd turn on the playstation, take his items then delete his character. "That sucks bud yeah your memory card did corrupt your saves at times."

[*]The item shops are balanced. Usually during mid-late game in other titles you'd see gold became very easy to get, you could go back and buy 999,991 potions. In this game there is a slow steady incline. You actually gotta farm that gold.

[*]I feel rewarded, Struggling with a few quests/areas I could side track come back later and it would be just a smidge easier but still a challenge. I like this.

[*]The developer actually cares. He replies, he helps, he listens. Only 10% developers will. It's good to get feedback from the community I would imagine, it helps immerse the game. I and many of us appreciate this.

[*]The story has depth it's creative. How many RPG's have you guys played where the quests are ~ go fetch me 10 of these. Good job. Now go fetch me 15 of those. Talk to him so he can have you fetch 20 more of those for me. And then after your done I'll need 5 more. Please. Thank you. "Sorry Vince Fetchalot The Second, I can't fetch you 5 more ash logs. I heard Constanze got kidnapped by some merciless Bandits, her mother and her need my help."

[*]The ending the twists the story and the personality of the NPC's. They actually interact with you they have different personalities. The looks i'd get from my family when I was talking to the loreseekers... Literally.

[*]I feel a sense of accomplishment. The quests are rewarding. The Curse of Abbot isn't so cursed now with this new holy longsword :x.

[*]It's opened world, limited fast travel. One thing I loved about Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. You had to actually explore, exploring led to mystery. You'd come across something you wouldn't normally by fast traveling. Like an ancient town, where the NPC's were weird and talked about odd things, turns out they were vampire's in disguise keeping a dark secret from the world. A high level boss no one has found yet. And a cave where the coal miner's tragically disappeared twenty years ago due to an unknown beast hidden deep within the depths, the Court's Mistress prevented any travellers from delving deep within it's sinister clutches.

[*]It's mobile. Strong aspects for being able to play where ever you are. I enjoy this.

[*]The side quests are miss-able if you didn't bother this allows many of us to feel like we must complete them all. Very nice.

[*]The rumour bosses and town hall quest's give us more to do after we've completed everything else.

I'll have my friends play too David, and that will give you an extra two and a half players. He's not a midgit just a bit shorter. Seriously though many of them look for good games like this to play. Big fans of Diablo 2, Baldur's gate. GOG games, WoW, Runescape, Elder scrolls series, sacred 1 n' 2. All the good classics.

What are some of ya'lls thoughts and opinions. What do you enjoy most about EK ?

Kuratha

Staff member
Exactly what you said except I'm all 'go go go' questing to have time to type what you said. :D

*Its funny to read about so many people that will hate on a game because they needed to buy the full version. I'm def a one and done kinda gal, so this is perfect for me.

Denzera

Loreseeker
yeah, "one-time-only" purchase for unlocking content is the way to my heart too. I'm happy to pay some money so that I can enjoy something for a while and not feel like I'm being used as a piggy bank. Being able to preview the gameplay and then decide whether to pay money? Sublime!

Within the gameplay, though, I love the aesthetic - I love how dangerous everything feels. Traps. Sudden Wyverns. I love that you can stumble from a low-level area to a high-level area and have to say "WHOA sorry about that Mr. Hill Giant, I guess I'll be going now!". I love the occasional ambushes, or jailbreaks when one monster aggros another 10. The creepy shadows, the flailing death animations... David really took the best aspects of the Diablo game design to heart.

(the jump at the very end of the game from fantasy universe to sci-fi universe is a little jarring, and initially made something of a farce of the proceedings, but he eventually made it work through the plot a little bit -- and gets points for originality)

The game is also decently well-balanced. We've all seen RPGs that were so easy as to get boring quickly, or hard enough that you couldn't really get into the acquire-and-explore cycle. EK isn't exactly some model of perfect balance like StarCraft, but it's been tuned pretty darn well.

You can also tell that he's been sensitive to players' needs and frustrations over the course of the development cycle. The Bag of Holding, the existence of teleports and casual mode... he's made a real effort to have the only unpleasant thing about playing EK be when you get yourself killed. I respect that.