Bear pelt.

Vil

My bet is because they are connected with werewolfs (being able to become werewolf with help of their witches), hence they looking for wolf pets. That means that more wolf pelts you will sell to them, more werewolf there will be:).

Kuratha

Staff member
In real life, I think it has to do with the diet of the animal -> which changes the consistency of their muscles/meat. Wolves tend to be less dangerous to hunt as well but as adventurers, well, we crazy~!

David mentioned a possible use for bear pelts several months ago, cause I think we couldn't even sell them. We'll see...

VDX_360

Staff member
Zeekoslav":17f52p06 said:
Is there any particular reason why we can't sell bear pelts to Varannari hunters?
Bear belts are just not in demand.... think trying to sell deer hides to a trapper that's looking for beaver pelts....

stonedwolf

Loreseeker
They're also stackable and easy to offload.

But yes Bear Pelts and Sparkling Powder are not used in any quests.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
There's something fishy going on with the Varannari hunters... They're hunters, yet they won't sell their furs... How do they make gold if they won't sell the fruit of their labor? How can they afford so much fur? And... Why?

There is only one solution to this mysterious mystery: Furries. Yes, Varannari hold secret furry conventions. Sell the furry costumes to tourists. Make money with furry sex parties. And the Ursans must be among their best customers, they're super into this furry stuff... Probably instigated a political pressure campaign to forbid the use of bear pelts in the fabrication of furry costumes for obvious Ursan ethical reasons. My guess is the werewolves must have tried to put an end to the wolf fur trade too, but they're too poor - they walk around butt naked and never drop anything after all - they clearly didn't have the money to bribe Varannari politicians and were out-spent by the rich Ursan lobbyists.

Exiled Kingdoms is such a deep, complex political game.