question for David re: companion AI and the next update

Cuckoorex

Hi David. I know you're busying refining the Mage class and all that good stuff, but I was wondering if you've been able to figure out a way to improve companion AI at all (standing in death fumes, fire, etc)? I was thinking maybe for some areas (I'm thinking of the Imperial Fortress specifically), maybe the companion AI could treat the death gases like they were walls? I know that's may not be practical since part of the danger of that area is getting knockbacked by Orcs into the death fog and all, but it's making it really hard for my Cleric to clear that area, since both Gris and my Spirit Wolf rush right at the nearest Orc and therefore immediately go stand on the grate and get insta-killed.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Not in this update, I am afraid.

AI is super-tricky to upgrade in the current game. It's all very optimized to run on mobile and on overly simplified map data with very simple collisions to save processing and battery, so it's not easy to do complex things on it. And whenever I touch it, there's a big chance it'll affect gameplay in unexpected ways. I may improve it but certainly not in the short term, sorry.

VDX_360

Staff member
I personally miss being able to push Adaon into traps... I would be heart broken if I couldn't let him slow cook in flame pits.
(I may resent his night time robbery, even the Mad Wizard is less mad at him).

Hbtgustavo

Translator
I was reading this and remember something that I would like to suggest, and would be a GREAT help if it's possible to come true in the game:

When a trap is detected, only the player is eligible to disarm it. Supposing I'm a warrior with Adaon as my companion, would be very helpful ask the thief to shut it off, since he probably owns the higher success rate in the party.

AND, OF COURSE, the possibility to ask him to SET TRAPS on the floor, acting in a tactical way like a SWAT team (using the best of each character). What about it, Game Master? :lol:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Probably I can do that before 1.1 is completed, sounds good. Not on the upcoming update, as it needs to get released ASAP.