Character progression

Zeekoslav

If this game is like any other beta test then you will loose everything since it's beta phase and after that it goes alpha and then live, but after every phase major updates and bug fixes are implemented. As far as beta testers you are in one hand volunteer just testing game and finding bugs and that's pretty much it, after this updated goes live you will need to reinstall game (correct me if I'm wrong)

Sounkeng

You won't lose anything if you play as a beta-tester. It may be true that that is how it works for other games. But for this game all game data is saved and just updates with no loss in game progression.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Zeekoslav":202jr0zq said:
If this game is like any other beta test then you will loose everything since it's beta phase and after that it goes alpha and then live,

Actually, here are many incorrect informations.

As already corrected, beta testers can play without fear, their progress with whatever character (not just with mage ones) will stay, nothing is lost.

But, there's one caveat and beta games have coping mechanism inbuilt in them. There could be bugs in beta versions that could affect saved games. We already had one bug that erased progress when players tried to abuse other bug in game.

Coping mechanism is that when you install beta version it automatically creates backup of saved games, just in case.

On game development, first is alpha phase, THEN beta. Beta phase can be open or closed. After that there usually are RC (release candidate), till the version goes to public. This is usual path, but each company can use its own.

When speaking about EK, there are beta version till they reach certain maturity and David decide to make them official release. There's limited number of beta testers, i.e. persons who could access beta version.

In case if you're beta tester, please use for all beta questions thread dedicated to that beta version (each beta testing cycle has its own thread).