Quality of life suggestions

Kressara

Hello. New to the game and forums but this is hands down one of the best isometric games I’ve played since I owned an Atari. Well done.

I have a couple of suggestions from a new players perspective that I think would really improve the quality of life in game. By quality of life I mean limiting those moments when you’re staring at the words “game over” and start weighing up the benifits between releasing your frustration upon your device with the wrath of a thousand angry gnats, and the financial impact doing so will have upon your life.

# The compass is a little disorientating in relation to the map. North appears to be pointing right (east) on the local map but up (north) on the world map making navigation somewhat confusing. It would make navigation so much easier if up Was north, right was east etc.

# Some sort of check point in dungeons would be marvellous, but I understand why you haven’t done it.

# The ability to be able to point at a target and send your companion in as bait. Perhaps making non aggro’d targets clickable on the touch screen.

# The ability to camp out in the wild so you can go into a dungeon refreshed.

# If you go outside mid dungeon to save your progress, the whole dungeon respawns putting you at a disadvantage having used a number of consumables. Perhaps it should save the progress of the dungeon?

Thanks for your time and for a great game.

VDX_360

Staff member
Quick response:

1) Compass orientation: yeah, that through me off for a bit when I first started playing. Players get used to it after a bit.

2) Mid-point save dungeon: Lower level of difficulties can save in dungeons. Part of the challenge of the game is for players to figure out how to make it through a dungeon, esp if they need to be strong enough to take on a mini-boss. The set-up really stresses player choice in character build and risk-taking (do you keep going or turn back?).

3) Companions as bait: Companion AI is a repeating topic and there's been some tweaks. Some made Companions better, some took away much-loved oddities, such as being able to push Companions on traps. At one time you could bulldoze a Companion to clear out traps (rather defeated the purpose of traps). In the same idea of balance, being able to tell an immortal companion to lead the way to set off traps, ambushes and to set up enemies tips the scales too far in the player's favor. A player can already use range weapons to aggro enemies to get them to come to the player. A player can also tell a Companion to "wait here" and "only attack close enemies" letting the player run into a room, and have enemies follow the player to the Companion (different set of commands cause Companion to run into the room, not waiting for them to come out).

4) Camping: The player starts with 2 refreshes and can get 2 more from investing in skills. Four refreshes is a ton.

5) Dungeon Re-spawns: Dungeons re-spawn on a time table, thus leaving in and returning re-sets the dungeon, if enough time has passed. Dungeons are designed to be taking on as one set, not chipped away. Part of the game design.

Further comment: Overall, you're observations and feedback are pretty common for new players. Most players get accustomed to the game design as they play it and end up appreciating the way the game is designed to be challenging and making character build choices matter.

Enjoy the game.

VDX_360

Staff member
Also, if you're dying a lot, you might be pressing too far, too fast. It's a long game, don't rush it. Also, you might want to take another look at your build. See if there's some room to tweak it. Sometimes little changes can have a huge impact of play, esp if it's getting the character to match your play style.