Corruptor damage change

Noroth

Loreseeker
The mage 2h staff called The Corruptor should in my opinion be changed to deal 7-14 poison damage, rather than a normal amount + fixed poison damage. This would result in the attack switching from a normal type to a poison type, thus gaining more damage against targets with low poison resistance, further rewarding appropriate usage. I think the 7-14 amount is correct because it fits with the Magma Greatstaff which is arcane 3 as well and has a damage range of 7-14. This will give mages the option to choose between 5 strong elemental staffs with a holy wand which should be changed as well to fit this unique trait of mage weapons. Toughts/opinions?

VDX_360

Staff member
The idea has merit.

My one concern is that element damage sidesteps normal defense so "7-14 poison damage" would be quite powerful, esp when coupled with Staff Mastery. Against enemies weak against poison, it would be serious damage.

Xen

Loreseeker
It's OP for Mages you know, I defeated The Undermother at level 20 using The Corruptor Staff and Grissenda as my companion. What can I say is it is easier for mages to kill common bosses which are vulnerable to basic elemental damage such as Fire and Shock but making some of the elements as pure will ruin the challenge for special encounters.