Could Amarisa be my companion after saving her in future updates?

Xen

Loreseeker
I think it has been discussed before together with David that he is going to introduce another character whenever he make a mage companion and he decided to drop Amarissa as the candidate for mage companion since he ended the main quest together with Where is Amarissa. I can't remember the exact thread, you can search it yourself or let David confirm this.

Atomos

martinomh":19gr2vlo said:
Still, asking Amarisa if she would travel with the main character set quite the high expectations... and the response is quite underwhelming.

I mean, 10 years? C'mon... she'd better say "no thanks, I'm done with adventuring... but feel free to come for a visit whenever you want".
A little bit more info about traveler mages could be useful here. If she's bound by some oath, then there could be nothing more that can be done about it.

Comrey

Translator
Atomos":3n2krj4n said:
A little bit more info about traveler mages could be useful here. If she's bound by some oath, then there could be nothing more that can be done about it.

Would be a bit ironic to have a traveler mage bound by an oath stating she can't travel. :D

Andre27

Loreseeker
Comrey":cmpqip1j said:
As I said, it's only an issue if you make it out to be one, simply because it's very easy to explain why she isn't as powerful as the player while still being lore-friendly about it. Or better yet, simply separate lore and game balance. What's the lore behind my Mage not being able to wear heavy armour and be a Battle Mage? What's the lore behind my healer Cleric not being able to wear the Plexifiber Robes? There is none - it's just game balance. There's no reason to have a in-lore explanation for why Amarisa doesn't get the same trait points as the player, because it's simply explained by "game balance". And even if there was a reason to make an explanation, it would be incredibly easy to do so.

I really just don't see the problem here.
I mean I agree with you, but I just want to say that there could very well be lore for why certain equiment cant be worn by certain classes. For one, maybe a lot of mage only items require mage ability to actually be any special, and would in the hands of anyone else just be normal cloth or metal. Maybe Cleric only items require you to have the blessing of the Three for that same reason, just normal junk to anyone else. Maybe metals covering your body interfere with magic casting. Etc etc.

EDIT: If she is bound by oath why could she leave to collect her inheritance i the first place? Personally I don't really want her as a companion that much as I said before, but something other than her being stuck there for 10 years would be nice. Like something she can do as I said before, such as free teleportation. Or maybe just some kind of additional dialogue or quest.

Comrey

Translator
Andre27":1n5eclb9 said:
there could very well be lore for why certain equiment cant be worn by certain classes.

Yeah but that was kinda my point with that. There "could" be, but there isn't. It's just game balance. In the same vein, there "could" be lore for why Amarisa would have the same stats as a regular companion, despite other lore suggesting she's stronger than mere humans, but there most likely wouldn't be any simply because of game balance - and that's okay, it's not a big deal, lore isn't "ruined" because of it.

Andre27

Loreseeker
Yeah I agree with that. Though there isn't even necessarly any particular reason why she couldn't be slightly stronger than other companions, though maybe not quite as strong as the MC. I don't think that would ruin balance, and you wouldn't always want to use her once you are able to, due to the fact that different classes offer different advantages.

Comrey

Translator
That's another discussion altogether. I personally wouldn't mind either way. I just want Amarisa available for the novelty of having a brother-sister adventuring team.

martinomh

Comrey":20eey3w1 said:
I just want Amarisa available for the novelty of having a brother-sister adventuring team.

That's the reason I would like it too: it sounds cool.

No more and no less.