Overwrite protection

p4ran0id

Staff member
It would be great, if you could build in an overwrite protection for existing characters. I accidentally deleted my lvl 9 cleric yesterday. I missclicked while I was creating a new character and accidentally took my cleric instead of an empty slot. I closed the game without creating the new character, but still the save was gone. Restoring from cloud wasn't an option, it did the last sync several months ago (is an error with my device not the game).

It would be helpful, if you could build a 'do you want to overwrite existing character' prompt to avoid such user mistakes.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
p4ran0id":3veb05g7 said:
It would be helpful, if you could build a 'do you want to overwrite existing character' prompt to avoid such user mistakes.

but... that confirmation is already asked before overwriting!

VDX_360

Staff member
You can export the entire save file for adverse events, including the accidental saving over a file. Or device failure.

p4ran0id

Staff member
VDX_360":3ld7xjsb said:
You can export the entire save file for adverse events, including the accidental saving over a file. Or device failure.

I know, that saved my life...

Sorry didn't know that this was already build in, got a lack on my device and it also clicked 'yes' on the prompt. That's not a failure with the game, so just forget my original post :roll: