Verses quest Demon skulls or troll head anywhere??

Roar

Can not complete verses quest cause I have know troll heads or demon skulls and I did get them all at one time. If you need an item that you cant get later yiu should not be able to sell or drop. Its that simple! Now Iam doing the Mausoleom over and over on the chance i will get skull. This is what makes people not want to play a game. Dont get me wrong I luv thus game but I will just stop playing do to boredom of repeating crap. If anyone knows an easier way to get a head for this verses quest please help?

Atomos

Have you visited Deep Cauldron under Gorx Lair? There is one easily available there. On the other hand, you can get many interesting and valuable items in mausoleum ;). Scutum, blessed chestplate, ruined dragoon boots(get as many as you want to use plus one extra pair! ;) )

BTW you shouldn't create multiple topics about the same subject. The moderator won't be happy about this.
Mod Note: The moderator specifically encouraged the user to post his or her feedback on the demon head issue as a separate issue form a support/general post. Cross posting is typically a no-no, but it this case it seemed worthwhile to note the player's frustration with the demon heads. Good or bad, the feedback forum is only useful when used.

Rylocke

Another solution is to keep items which seem like potential future quest items or key items (i.e. everything except common and semi-common drops and gear). There is more than enough storage space (10, maybe more, full pages plus 2 inventories) to do this.

I know this doesn't help your current playthrough, but maybe other characters will benefit. Frankly, one of the reasons I enjoy this game is that things aren't spoonfed to us, and it's realistic and nonlinear. You might come across something you need months later in game time in Lannegar Mine.

David has eased up slightly due to player feedback, and that's okay, but I like the fact that you might lose something and never be able to finish a quest. That's very realistic. Couple that with locking quests behind attribute or party restrictions and other ways that prevent one from obtaining everything, etc. and you've finally got a quality RPG which doesn't pander to the lowest common denominator of "modern" gamers.

VDX_360

Staff member
Roar":3hqnotcz said:
If you need an item that you can't get later you should not be able to sell or drop.
I mostly agree! It sucks to get an item and have no idea if it's useful or just junk and have to make a storage decision based on unknown outcome. But, the game is designed to have decisions to have consequences and to be hard. And this game is supposed to be long, hard and challenging.

Please note, that in the case of demon heads, there were added as a rare drop so you can get them anytime in the game, with a little work. You don't have to complete the Ancient Versus quest so it's an optional quest that could require some work. Also, due to the random nature of drops, some players will get spare demon heads pretty easily, other players may have to hunt them down a bit.

I am interested in knowing how many attempts it takes you to get a head to drop.

VDX_360

Staff member
Rylocke":2llgwx8h said:
David has eased up slightly due to player feedback...
It's true, mages have gotten a slight upgrade and no one has to fight the Invisible Swamp Donkey to get out of the first dungeon anymore.

One of the many challenges of designing a game is adjusting the game design, loot drops, etc based on real world results. It's one thing for the game to work on paper and quite another for it to work in the wild with players doing all sorts of weird things (and if Glass Cannon is reading this, he knows what he did!).

The game is hard and sometimes the drop tables are mean.

Roar

I got a demon skull the next time through the Mausoleom so like 4 -5 times through, voila skull.

Truely wpic game though

thanks all!

VDX_360

Staff member
Roar":6qeax12g said:
so like 4 -5 times through, voila skull.

If the dungeon dropped the demon head 50% of the time (total dungeon, not by chest), one would expect 1/32 (~3%) of all players not have gotten by the 5th attempt (failing a 1/2 coin flip five times in a row). Of course, that isn't the exact odds and dungeon loot is by chests not by entire dungeon but it does show how even a common item can be annoyingly evasive for a small amount of players. Just the way randomness works.

A more in-depth discussion of drop rate failures here:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10279&hilit=statistics