So glad to have found this game

Facesofmu

Second post here. I'm really enjoying this game. So glad to find an RPG of this calibre for my android phone. Reminds me a lot of the excellent writing and gameplay in the Exile games from Spiderweb Software (remade as Avernum).
I struggled early on with the combat difficulty as a mage on normal mode. I can't tell you how many times I died and restarted the Lannegar Mines because I thought it was the only area of my level. Took so long for me to push past those higher foes in the neighbouring areas and really start exploring. Even after finding New Garand and Kingsbridge I spent a lot of time back in the mines :oops:
After some 30 hours playing, my only requests would be that the area map (both local and world) show an indicator of creature levels for that area. Either always, when you enter the map, or only representing the level ranges seen in that area. That'd really help exploring and remembering what areas you're safe to go in. Better for newbies dealing with the learning curve at least.
Also, there's a silver holy fire dmg sword called Justice that would have been perfect for clerics, but as it's a sword I'm guessing they don't get the Justice love. Unless that changes, Hirge is just gonna get around with her Ghostbane for most of the time :(
Thanks for the great game! I hope to make a further donation, soon!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Facesofmu":2bwczkle said:
After some 30 hours playing, my only requests would be that the area map (both local and world) show an indicator of creature levels for that area. Either always, when you enter the map, or only representing the level ranges seen in that area. That'd really help exploring and remembering what areas you're safe to go in. Better for newbies dealing with the learning curve at least.

Not sure if having that info in game would be good, but wiki has that: Challenge Map so you can get that info in advance. Warning, wiki is full of spoilers, so thread very carefully there, you might found out what you didn't want to find out.

VDX_360

Staff member
Save a lot.

Each map and dungeon has a level range that allows flexibility in quest order (open world after all) so there's no static level map. But I agree the wrong turn and you're facing a beast way out of your league can be a bit sudden (crimison hills with giants, any place with primal bears, and well, there's a list...)

And if you're looking for a fun moment, pick a fight with the giant spider like Undermother. Mirmeks are easy so she shouldn't too bad, right? (try it once just for fun!).

As for safe, well, you get robbed in your sleep in the tutorial-ish prologue so that pretty sets the tone for safety in the game (read, you're not fully safe anywhere).