Restore equipment on leaving Arena?

Atitipupu

Just a UX suggestion... having to reclaim (and optionally re-equip) everything after each fight gets a bit laborious and there's a risk of people losing their items.

Would it be a lot of work to make the game save the player's inventory on entry and automatically restore it (including re-equipping items) when people leave, instead of leaving it in a chest?

(Any stuff picked up in the arena could disappear or be loot on the ground when you leave.)

Sorry to suggest changes, you have already done a ton of work on this game, it is already awesome and you're working on 1.2 and another game, so I realise you might not be too interested in tweaking the Arena!

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
I of course considered that, but if the player has picked up enough items, that could force some of the "good" equipment to be dropped on the floor, and maybe not even notice until much later. I preferred to add a warning in red text, plus the player can always rely on previous saves or autosaves in case of a momentary error.

Cuckoorex

Here's what I did; I knew I wanted to go through the while gamut in sequence, I wasn't going to go do another quest halfway through. So I dumped all my gear in my vault and then did the Arena all the way through. Nothing to collect at the end of each fight, I just dumped or sold whatever I got from each fight, slept 6 hours and continued. It was less aggravating that way.

p4ran0id

Staff member
You can also empty your bag of holding and put your stuff in that. It's faster than going to vault ;)

VDX_360

Staff member
There are a few nice items that drop in the arena, making keeping them useful for players.

BUT, yeah, I can easily picture someone forgetting something in the arena....

Vil

- I have put all my equipment in the bag of holding, so I would not have to re-equip it every time, plan was to do arena in one take
- Did not taken my equipment at the end of the fight
- Arena have kept all my money on leave:)

Suggestion - do not let arena take money from character, it does not help in any way in fight (unless you let me bribe the opponents to let me "win":)