WTF

RPGamer

Why does this game hate me?!?? According to the wiki, "about one in five" wyverns/wyvern welps drops an emerald....thats a complete lie. I've killed several dozen wyverns and almost as many wyvern welps and I still haven't gotten a single emerald from them. I don't expect emeralds to be super common, but considering that you need to collect 30+ emeralds at some point, it would be nice if they were a little easier to find/obtain.

Also: why's is "spirit resistance" useless?!?!! My character has over 20 spirit resistance and constantly gets stunned/paralyzed, meanwhile, the companions who only have miniscule amounts of spirit resistance (I think Hirge currently has the highest at 8 spirit resistance) haven't been stunned or paralyzed a single time so far!!!!! It's a classic case of enemies being ridiculously overpowered and players being underpowered

Another thing: you need to buff player armor. Currently, my companion has an armor rating of 16 and has 132 health, while my character currently has 23 armor and 202 health...judging by the stats, you'd think my character would survive better versus physical damage, but that's simply not true. My companion subtracts 6-16 damage from attacks and my character subtracts 4-23 damage from attacks. Sure, my character can potentially subtract more damage from attacks than the companions(s), but that doesn't do me any good since player armor rarely subtracts high amounts of damage...so even though I have more health and armor than the companions, I die more quickly since the minimum amount of damage my armor subtracts is less than Hirge, Grissenda and Adaon

p4ran0id

Staff member
1. RNG is really a B*tch. I farm for emeralds in wyvern mountain, I get 1-3 emeralds per run (kill only the wyvern outside) you just have really bad luck.

2. Spirit resistance is not useless, but more complicated than you think. 20 is nearly nothing. See here

http://www.exiledkingdoms.com/wiki/inde ... esistances

Also, there are some items that are really helpful, specially stun immunity attribute.

JarrenDrahn

Also, when you're farming, are you killing the monster then reloading the save if you don't get the item you want and killing the same monster again? Because if you are it's drops won't reset. It will drop the same thing every time. You have to do a long rest at an inn to make the monster respawn and reset the loot drops.

VDX_360

Staff member
The above seem to cover most of the possible causes (just bad luck, re-loading from a save).

For reference, here's a discussion on how drop rates can just really mess with people. ?Namely, how there's always going to be that small chance you're the unlucky person just not getting an item without a lot of grinding.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10279&p=30090&hilit=binomial#p30090