Mage class, and Scrolls

KimPera

here's an idea: INT requisite to use scrolls. Otherwise Personality seems to be a much more useful trait, and I see it more often in conversation options.

Scroll of Recall could be the only one usable by everyone, the rest (currently I've only found the Detect Secrets one but I guess more will come) could have a requisite of minimum 1, often more. That way, scrolls would be a "mage thing, but yeah, other people can also use them sometimes". It could be the way to have mages be very versatile, by making them inscribe scrolls.

You could put a mana requisite on the more powerful ones, so they can't be spammed and can't be cast by warrior/rogue.

Ideas for Scrolls:

"Scroll of Teleport: Wizard Tower X" takes you to that place.
"Scroll of Haste" accelerates whole party.
"Scroll of Lightning / Fireball... whatever powers the Wizard will have"

So what do you think. Uh, thread was about travel, sorry :geek:

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Re: World Travel and classes

I really like the idea of scrolls being a flexibility feature for the mages. Mages are vulnerable, but if they prepare themselves for a fight... :cool:

Could be a good reason to invest in INT if some interesting scrolls have low INT as requisite.

Keep the ideas coming, please!

SuperCitizen

Re: World Travel and classes

Good, good. Wizard with lots of different scrolls, he crafts them using various crafted inks and stuff. Like, parchment from minotaur skin required for rank 3 scrolls or something.

BUT

you need to add a scrollcase for this to work, inventory is TOO SMALL

and you need to add quick slots so he can use them in battle.

Scroll of Slow
Scroll of Circle Vs Fire, Cold, etc.
Scroll of Barrier, makes wall appear

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Split topic.

Great ideas. I realy like how all this sounds.

XXI

hi there quick question anyone know an estimated date of the release for the mage class?

GauzeB

XXI":1nxsg84k said:
hi there quick question anyone know an estimated date of the release for the mage class?

Still gonna be awhile, David hasn't put a date on it. But I feel like as much time as he has invested in making this class we won't be disappointed. I'm excited still :)

feldon

Loreseeker
Per David, Mage class will be added at some point after Version 0.9 is finished. There are a few code heavy mechanics that David needs to get thru, primarily area affects and direct targeting, before a Mage would be able to function properly.

Scroll ideas are nice for future plans, but I would recommend allowing Detect and Recall be usuable wo restriction.

GauzeB

Los issues will be huge and adv skills involving spell-crits need to be addressed. Gonna be great

Ps please do not restrict scrolls of recall...

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
before panic spreads, currently usable scrolls will stay usable for all classes, yeah :)

and a few more, also, will be open to everyone.

and advanced skills will allow non-mages to use more powerful scrolls too.

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
DavidBVal":2lwi101j said:
before panic spreads, currently usable scrolls will stay usable for all classics, yeah :)

and a few more, also, will be open to everyone.

and advanced skills will allow non-mages to use more powerful scrolls too.

The words... I can't understand the words on this piece of parchment rolled into a tube!!! I used to be able to read them!!!!

Oh wait... ::shuffling sounds:: I forgot I wasn't wearing my glasses... Oh well... not sure I need a treatise on how to prepare swampdonkey stew... but hey. :)