Exiled Kingdoms Wiki - do you want to become an editor?

Aalandryll

Loreseeker
As most probably know by now, we have a wiki:

https://wiki.exiledkingdoms.com

If you want to help out, that's great! We need all the help we can get. Please make sure you read the rules below, if you do not follow the instructions, the requested access will not be granted.

How to become a Loreseeker:

1. Go to the wiki above and sign up for an account using the same or very similar user name as the one you use here on the forums. If you already have an account and it is different than your user name here, let us know what your user name there is.

2. Reply to this thread letting us know you have signed up on the wiki and want to be a Loreseeker.

Inactivity (edited by David)

Keep in mind that, if you become inactive for a period of weeks or months, the admins might decide to revoke your Loreseeker status. There is no fixed rule about this, but if you make no contribution and weeks pass, it will certainly happen. If you have contributed a lot in the past but you decide to take a break for a few months, probably we'll not touch your status. In any case, nothing prevents you from asking to be a Loreseeker again if you want to contribute once more.

Non-english wiki: at this point, the wiki supports english language only. Other languages might be added in the future, but as of now that's how it is.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Welcome to the team, sstanney & The person. If you have any questions regarding Wiki editing, please feel free to post them in the Wiki forum. Have fun.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
Just joined the forum and the wiki. Looks like a really fun community. I would be interested in becoming an editor but I'm wondering if there is anything left that needs to be done? Also, does someone provide the info that needs to be updated and such?

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
hueydvr38":10x58bbw said:
Just joined the forum and the wiki. Looks like a really fun community. I would be interested in becoming an editor but I'm wondering if there is anything left that needs to be done? Also, does someone provide the info that needs to be updated and such?
There are always things to do: fixing errors, adding descriptions or missing content. The Wiki is a living thing, growing steadily. Especially with the new update coming soon, a lot of work is waiting...

We are not assigning specific tasks to anyone. Just start editing as you stumble upon something that you feel needs improvement. Check the Great Library forum for more infos and feel free to ask any questions there. You can also find a rudimentary To-Do-List there, if you need inspiration.

hueydvr38

Loreseeker
MikeB":2znw0es2 said:
hueydvr38":2znw0es2 said:
There are always things to do: fixing errors, adding descriptions or missing content. The Wiki is a living thing, growing steadily. Especially with the new update coming soon, a lot of work is waiting...

We are not assigning specific tasks to anyone. Just start editing as you stumble upon something that you feel needs improvement. Check the Great Library forum for more infos and feel free to ask any questions there. You can also find a rudimentary To-Do-List there, if you need inspiration.

Sounds good. Sign me up! (my username is same for site and wiki).

Denzera

Loreseeker
Signed up for wiki. Same name. Please permission me.

I'm just now working my way through the game for the first time, so I'll probably be looking a bunch of things up and will edit / improve as I go.

Is there some centralized set of Wiki standards or norms that we're using? e.g., Kingsbridge area summary says "no NPCs", but also mentions Sergeant Dumek gives two quests - isn't he an NPC? Isn't the town itself full of NPCs? Going by common-sense definitions that looks like a bit of information I could just add, but if there's some sort of style guide or definitions we're working from, maybe not.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Denzera":1tp704bj said:
Signed up for wiki. Same name. Please permission me.

I'm just now working my way through the game for the first time, so I'll probably be looking a bunch of things up and will edit / improve as I go.

Is there some centralized set of Wiki standards or norms that we're using? e.g., Kingsbridge area summary says "no NPCs", but also mentions Sergeant Dumek gives two quests - isn't he an NPC? Isn't the town itself full of NPCs? Going by common-sense definitions that looks like a bit of information I could just add, but if there's some sort of style guide or definitions we're working from, maybe not.
There is the Kingsbridge Area (you are referring to) and the Kingsbridge City, where all the NPCs are gathered in.

Regarding your question about definitions: Page style is mostly covered by templates, so you don't have to worry about that. General structure is totally up to common sense, so feel free to add and reorganize things if you feel that something is confusing, incomplete, or unclear. There's always the Wiki Forum (The Great Library) to discuss things if you are unsure.

P.S. You have been added as editor. :)

Zwackley

Loreseeker
My account on the wiki is Zwackley as well, and I would like to become an editor. Or a literal five-headed dragon. Or a literal five-headed dragon editor. No, on second thought, I'd just like to be an editor. For starters, I see things in the skills sections I would like to flesh out.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Zwackley":1ypmza7y said:
My account on the wiki is Zwackley as well, and I would like to become an editor. Or a literal five-headed dragon. Or a literal five-headed dragon editor. No, on second thought, I'd just like to be an editor. For starters, I see things in the skills sections I would like to flesh out.
Done.

Magnum_Diablo

Hello I wish to be a loreseeker. After completing the game, I wish to help the newcomers in the game. Thank you and love this game.

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Magnum_Diablo":1b829gb8 said:
Hello I wish to be a loreseeker. After completing the game, I wish to help the newcomers in the game. Thank you and love this game.
What's your username in the Wiki? You need to have a Wiki account first before becoming a Loreseeker.