Dear EK Creators,

Cherry-Icee

This game is AWESOME! It brings me back to Diablo on PC! Hot damn. I've been looking for a game like this since games came out on android and iOS. All I've ever found was repetitive useless finger mashers. I mean, with all this technology at our finger tips we have only been given crap. Why are we creating pointless non-adventurous games?? THANK YOU FOR EXILED KINGDOMS! I'm hooked :twisted:

But here's a few things I've noticed that can be food-for-though in future updates, if they already haven't been suggested...

1. Movement: it seems running directly left or right is twice as fast as running diagonally.
2. Character: when equipped with a helmet, he doesn't appear to be wearing one. Would be very cool and unique if different gear looked different on the character.
3. Saving: not being able to save in caves or dungeons is extremely bothersome...
4. Inventory: for quipped gear and items, I believe it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have it set up like Blizzard did in Diablo 2. Or simply have a silhouette of a person, with helm going to head area, boots in foot area, as opposed to items being in boxes representing a square.
5. Special Weapons: like the ones that do poison or fire dmg, they seem useless with such low dmg.. Maybe balance that out.
6. The Maps: they don't line up correctly. First close-up map (town map) is more diagonal (SW being left and NE being right) and the zoomed out map (world map) is the opposite. What really highlights that is the town map is shown in a big square/tile, and it's turned. While the World map isn't. This confuses me when running into different areas..

These are just suggestions given by a new fan of your game. I will copy and paste these suggestions in another forum if I have accidentally posted in the wrong thread! If so I'm sorry.

But again, thank you for this game. You will be getting a donation from me for sure!

Glass Cannon

Loreseeker
Cherry-Icee":1ornkbfa said:
This game is AWESOME! It brings me back to Diablo on PC! Hot damn. I've been looking for a game like this since games came out on android and iOS. All I've ever found was repetitive useless finger mashers. I mean, with all this technology at our finger tips we have only been given crap. Why are we creating pointless non-adventurous games?? THANK YOU FOR EXILED KINGDOMS! I'm hooked :twisted:

But here's a few things I've noticed that can be food-for-though in future updates, if they already haven't been suggested...

1. Movement: it seems running directly left or right is twice as fast as running diagonally.
2. Character: when equipped with a helmet, he doesn't appear to be wearing one. Would be very cool and unique if different gear looked different on the character.
3. Saving: not being able to save in caves or dungeons is extremely bothersome...
4. Inventory: for quipped gear and items, I believe it would be more aesthetically pleasing to have it set up like Blizzard did in Diablo 2. Or simply have a silhouette of a person, with helm going to head area, boots in foot area, as opposed to items being in boxes representing a square.
5. Special Weapons: like the ones that do poison or fire dmg, they seem useless with such low dmg.. Maybe balance that out.
6. The Maps: they don't line up correctly. First close-up map (town map) is more diagonal (SW being left and NE being right) and the zoomed out map (world map) is the opposite. What really highlights that is the town map is shown in a big square/tile, and it's turned. While the World map isn't. This confuses me when running into different areas..

These are just suggestions given by a new fan of your game. I will copy and paste these suggestions in another forum if I have accidentally posted in the wrong thread! If so I'm sorry.

But again, thank you for this game. You will be getting a donation from me for sure!

Its just David, the moderators or admins or lore seekers are keeping us up to date and keeping us in line.

David is the one you mean to give all credits.

Sounkeng

Cherry-Icee":2bjjib46 said:

Most of these suggestions have been discussed. I'll give a brief summary in answer to your suggestions.

1. It is known, I don't expect it will change at this point.

2. For Isometric 2-D games new equipment sprites are very costly for RAM. Beause the game isn't completed yet David is saving that RAM to introduce new monsters, attacks and other animations. After the game is complete he will add more sprites for things like helmets, 2-h attack animations, and the like.

3. If you play on Easy you can save in dungeons.

4. At this point I think the game is married to the current layout. There are numerous games (think Baulders Gate etc) that use a boxed layout.

5. You just haven't found the quality elemental damage weapons yet. The early tier elemental damage items are designed to be pretty weak, but also easily obtainable. But trust me there are some amazing elemental damage weapons in game. This is really a non-issue, with great in-game balance.

6. Again this is known, and not likely to change...

Although I had a thought/suggestion David. What if you put the cardinal compass directions on the movement Joystick? I think it would help clarify directionality for players who are less familiar with old isometric game layouts.

Cherry-Icee

Thank you for the replies! And thank you David :) I play this game every day on lunch break. I'm a Wildland firefighter and part time construction worker, this gives me my dose of daily destruction :twisted:

But a couple things.. the movement. It is extremely annoying :oops: I see the game is build off squares, like the layout, maybe if it were done in hexagonal pattern it would change the running being off? I dunno. I just know it can be fixed.

And the maps, I've trained myself to autocorrect the mistake in mind. But I wonder why they are switched in the first place?

Cherry-Icee

Well I think I figured out why you couldn't switch the map.. at least with the town view map, you'd then have to change almost everything. And buildings look nicer at a diagonal angle, gives it dimension. And David probably thought it was weird to have a global map all crooked so he made it like it should be. Ok I see no reason to change this :roll:

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Cherry-Icee":1zhbwisw said:
But a couple things.. the movement. It is extremely annoying :oops: I see the game is build off squares, like the layout, maybe if it were done in hexagonal pattern it would change the running being off? I dunno. I just know it can be fixed.
That is how isometric perspective functions. It's geometry basics.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
As Alan says. In "false isometric" used in many games like Diablo 1-2, BG, etc, things are twice as wide as they are tall. Look at the area minimap, for instance. It looks twice as wide as it is tall. Yet it is a perfect square. That's why when you move through the "horizontal" it seems like you move faster than when you move "vertically". It's just a visual effect, in reality characters move at a consistent speed through the "real" game map.

Slick24

I would also love the idea of showing helmet for future update. I take character appearances seriously in the game, so it would be nice to be added in the game if possible. Maybe put it in setting too like enable helmet?