XP bonus form scrolls & co not applying on quests in solo mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

0rion79

Hi all, I don't know if it is an already know bug but I have discovered what follows.

The bonus to XP coming from a high Intelligence score, items as rings of Wisdom, Scrolls or blessings at the altar of the Threes does not apply when the main character gains XP by completing a quest in solo mode, with no followers.

That bonus applies only when killing monsters in solo mode, or always when having a follower because of the reduction by -20%.

I did some quest about, for instance when putting some shard of fate back into the mirror: each shard provides 2K XP as a basic value.

If I have a follower and I use my boost, I get 2022 XP per shard (2.000 - 20% + 6% given by intelligence, +6% Wisdom Items and a +15% scroll that compensates and exceeds the penalty for having a follower).

If I dismiss the follower and I keep active the same equipment and scroll effect, I get a net 2.000 XP with no bonus, as if the game calculates a limit to XP.

Something is broken here! :)

0rion79

Cool :) PS: Have fixed some grammar errors while writing in a rush

MikeB

Staff member
Loreseeker
Sorry to revive this old thread, but I think the issue hasn't been resolved yet. I'm currently writing some XP related stuff for the Wiki and therefore did some testing. Here's what I found:

No XP bonuses whatsoever are applied when travelling alone, neither for quests (as Orion already pointed out) nor for killing enemies (contrary to what Orion said).

When I have a companion, I get my 80% share + the expected XP bonus (e.g. from a scroll), so everything seems to be fine in this case. The same goes for companions when scrolls are used on them.

Of course, I cannot say how much XP is really earned, only what is written in the log. So maybe everything is fine and only the wrong values are displayed. But I think with v1.0 approaching, it's time for this to be sorted out.

Slick24

Wait that's a bug? I thought scrolls literally works only by killing monsters not completing quests?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Checking my notes and the code again, thanks for reminding me.

Status
Not open for further replies.