The Lost Kingdom quest still in journal after "failing" it.

Comrey

Translator
So being the greedy cunt that I am, I kinda wanted both the Cape and the Axe from King M'dmoo, and I wanted the axe now. So I killed him. I'll be happy to keep the crown later, too, once I actually bother getting it.

My one issue is that (unless there's a way to solve this quest with M'dmoo dead, which I doubt) the quest is essentially rendered incompletable and should be considered failed and removed from the quest log upon killing the quest-giver. It isn't. It's a pet peeve but I don't like having "active" quests in my journal that I cannot actually complete.

VDX_360

Staff member
Known issue. Might be fixed in a minor update soon. The quest goes into a limbo state if you accept the quest, than kill the quest giver. Seems an easy fix to have attacking the king AFTER getting the quest to result in a failed quest outcome. Well, easy to say cause I'm not the one doing the coding!. :)

Comrey

Translator
If the fix does come out and the quest completes/ends at the murder of the quest-giver, I hope it'll work retroactively. If that's not possible to code given the way he designed quest states, hopefully he'll consider respawning King M'dmoo so that everyone who've killed him can kill him again to properly update the quest-state.

VDX_360

Staff member
The Developer is pretty good about making such updates retro active (the game file has to note the king is dead anyways, otherwise he'd keep spawning).... but can we talk about your need to keep killing the Minotaur king? :)