Issue with cloud thingy

p4ran0id

Staff member
Better you download that on pc and unzip the whole Archiv. Then you should see the folders

If you want, you can send me the takeout and I extract the EK.bak. As long as you only choosed Google play games, there are no personal Infos inside that archive, only save games

Ps: you can install iZip on iPhone and unzip the archive without a computer

Kressara

izip suggestion helped loads. I now have the data file and renamed it, however I can’t find a way to add it to the game folder. I noticed it said I might need iexplorer to do it... but that costs £5. I don’t suppose you know of a free version? £5 is a lot of money to spend for a one time thing.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I don't think you need a separate app. But I don't have an iPhone so I have no idea how the rest works.
With android it's enough to have EK.bak at downloads folder to import it (new game, cloud export, import from file)

Edit: Just have a look inside the game, like I said before, go to new game, export & cloud save. There should be the info about the path where to put the file

Kressara

As I understand it (and my understanding is limited) I’m unable to browse application files on iPhone like you can on android. So I’m actually unable to put the EK file into the appropriate application folder to import it.

However, as an idea for future updates, perhaps there could be a browsing option in the application to browse for files? At the moment, when I click import/restore (whatever) from file, the game is looking in a specific game folder. But I have the information saved to iOS files (an iOS filing system where I’m unable to move it from).

Kressara

Exiled kingdoms doesn’t appear to be listed on the files app. Files only seems to let me move files between iCloud and various word processors... can’t locate any other app folders via files.

I really appreciate the time you’ve spent helping me out, I’ll keep playing and hopefully work it out!

Thanks so much!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Last idea, try via PC or just send an email to yourself with EK.bak and download it again. That way it should be in downloads and that way you should be able to import it back again via game

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
At the moment AFAIK EK looks in root directory and downloads directory (it does for Android, not really sure what's going on with iOS), so you could try emailing yourself EK.bak file.

Next version might contain option to choose directory for import&export, in which case it would be much easier.

And yes, I know that people think that Jobs is genius, but I still think that users should have reasonable way to access file system in some way. Some of answers can be found here: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questio ... filesystem

Hope it will help you place EK.bak in right place...