[solved] Exiled kingdoms license

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzard414

So recently I have switched over from a android device to an apple phone, I redownloaded ek, it let me use my google account so I got my cloud saves, but it won’t let me get my full license unlock, and although I will as a last resort, I don’t really want to pay another $4 just to unlock everything again already. Help!

p4ran0id

Staff member
Re: Exiled kingdoms license

Sorry, but there is one other option. Apple store and gplay are two different things. They don't cooperate and it's technically not possible to purchase one payment to another store (also with steam)

You can try to complain at apple support and ask them why they don't support purchases from other stores, that's the only option you have.

(apple store doesn't give another option, you or the developer has to pay for it, and if David pays for each device change, well I don't have to explain that, do I?)

Lizzard414

p4ran0id":2byux88o said:
Sorry, but there is one other option. Apple store and gplay are two different things. They don't cooperate and it's technically not possible to purchase one payment to another store (also with steam)

You can try to complain at apple support and ask them why they don't support purchases from other stores, that's the only option you have.

(apple store doesn't give another option, you or the developer has to pay for it, and if David pays for each device change, we'll I don't have to explain that, do I?)
I guess I have to go to the store now ;(

p4ran0id

Staff member
[solved] Re: Exiled kingdoms license

Well, if it makes you you feel better, your Google purchase isn't gone, so if you ever change back to Android you don't have to pay again.

(if you want to have a steam version too, then you pay triple)

Since that problem is solved I'll close that topic now

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator

Lizzard414":1succz8y said:
I guess I have to go to the store now ;(
There's no reason to go complain to Apple store.

They're totally independent from Google Play Store, they don't have insight in your purchase there and even if they would have, they don't mind.

If you want to switch to some other platform, you need to purchase full license for that platform again, as you're dealing with completely independent store and company. This is only way.

If you stay with same platform, you could have game installed on as many devices as you want, as long as you use same login credentials (I'm not sure for Apple, but I'm sure for Google and Valve (Steam)).

In long run, if you start with Android phone, it is best to stay with Android, or vice versa, stay on iOS. Not only for purchasing software, but also for saving data (calendar, contacts, etc.) and retrieving it.

And, this situation with licenses is how it works for all paid software, EK isn't special in that aspect at all. Only thing different would be if David (developer) would have his own distribution company, but there are rare companies that in the same time distribute their own software exclusively on multiple platforms.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Not only for stores.

If I want to play a game on ps4 Xbox and PC, I also have to buy it for each platform again

Status
Not open for further replies.