It's a short list, and actually just common sense:1) Warn about major spoilers (but don't overdo either)
Add a SPOILER tag in the title if needed, or hide text using the spoiler forum feature
. But please, don't go too far. It is only a spoiler if it's actually some important twist or revelation, or a puzzle solution
. Someone betraying you *is* a spoiler, but saying what is the best weapon to kill undead or where is area X is *not* a spoiler.2) Be respectful
to everyone. Any form of personal attack is forbidden, no matter the reason, who is in the right, or who started it; if you disagree with someone that's fine, just don't call them names. Don't harass other posters, and that includes PMs.3) Some topics are off-limits
. Don't discuss any of this, even to admonish the user that starts it:
4) Keep things neat and in order.
- Exiled Kingdoms licensing policy / pricing / begging for discounts or codes.
- Discussion about cheats/tampering/modificacion/exploits of the game. To report an exploit, PM me directly.
- Spam, or links to promote your commercial products or website.
- Real world polemic topics such as religion and politics.
- Money exchange among forum users or sharing payment information.
- Anything that is not appropiate for the game's rating (PG17).
this includes the following:
5) Don't abuse Private Messages
- Before opening a new topic, search if the question was asked before. Search really works!
- Use informative titles for new topics. "I have a question" is a terrible title, imagine if all topics had a title like that.
- Try to stay in topic. If you want to ask about something else, open a new thread. We're not very strict about this one, but if you feel the new discussion is interesting, it is better to place it where someone can eventually find it in the future under the right title.
- Try not to refloat/necro very old topics. In most cases it is better to start a new one (sometimes it might be alright but try not to abuse, or we'd be flooding in outdated info).
- Unless there's a clear reason for your message being private, please make a public post instead. The idea behind a public forum is having hundreds of potential users answering your query, thus getting faster and more accurate responses.
- The developer and forum admins might ignore your message if it is about a topic that should have been public. This includes asking for game hints or providing feedback.
- Remember that the rules about "being nice" apply to PMs as well. Don't harass other users.
The moderators might move your topic to a different forum or edit it (with or without notice) to comply with these rules.
Additionally, if you make an account on our forum but never post and don't even login for 60 days, it might be deactivated or even deleted due to forum maintenance. I don't mind forum lurkers, but we receive hundreds of spam account registered each month, and sadly it requires cleanup. We will never deactivate accounts with at least 1 post, or that log at least once every 60 days.
Thanks for your kind attention, please resume your adventuring and/or tavern gossiping