Issues with exporting old data to new version. Error code 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawn Snow 84

So I've recently updated for the test version. Doing so has impaired me from playing in my old profile. I've put over 200 hours of play time on my lvl 24 warrior. Was just about to complete the game. Last part of the Ark of lothasian and now I have to start completely over?? This hurts my soul...im getting an error code 12 when trying to export from cloud. Ice disconnected from Google play and signed back in to see if it would help. No change. Please any help would greatly be appreciated. I love this game and I've put so much time into it already just to have it erased when about to be completed..

VDX_360

Staff member
Moved thread from General to Support.

That is not good. I --think--there's a way to bring up your old pre-tester game file (even if you didn't export it?). Right now, I might suggest doing nothing until on of the Developer level trouble shooters can post what your options are at this point.

There's a new update coming out soon, if not today, that update might fix your issue. With the holiday a bit thin staffed, so to speak

Shawn Snow 84

So don't even start a new game just to play? Would that post a problem for me to have my previous profile to be recovered? This is not good at all. I was truly excited for the opportunity to be a part of testing this game.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
OK, let's start from the beginning. Updating can't delete your data, did you uninstall?

If you uninstalled before you updated then your saved games were deleted (that's how android apps work when you uninstall, files are removed).

Now you say you get an error when you export to the cloud, but do you mean importing?

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Also, I would add, if he UPDATED game (not first uninstalled, then installed new beta), beta version first creates game backup (EKxxxx.bak - xxxx is build version) in device root, so even if cloud backup doesn't work for any reason, there's backup in file system.

This automatic backup just has to be renamed to EK.bak (i.e. removing beta build numbers from it) and game can be imported from file system.

Status
Not open for further replies.