Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

p4ran0id

Staff member
I can maybe help with Serbian translation too! The problem is I have no translating experience.

Relax, there is nothing to translate at the moment.

But being translator is not hard, if you can translate a text, you will be able to help. I was one of translator for german, and it was not that hard, you get the dialogue in englisch and translate it with others in your language.

But wait till at least alpha is finished, I know it's hard but we have no other options

RustyLoon Marko

Loreseeker
So will those races have some bonuses?
For example:
Minotaurs have better strength and endurance, but worst personality.
Goblins have good agility, but bad strength.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
They will have wildly different bonus to traits and skills, and some of them will have unique features. Batrax, for instance, can jump :cool:

I know I have been very quiet these last months; since I added new artists to the team, we're working on amazing environments and also on the models for the playable races, and the game looks now much better. In a few more months, we'll likely replace the video-trailer with a much better one, and there will be a formal presentation of the team members (currently me + 5 artists)

RB33

Having done some back-reading (and I still have a lot to catch up on as I'm new here), I can see why the developer has practically considered Exiled Kingdoms as done and over with for all intents and purposes as the new game is an effectively an expansion of the Exiled Kingdoms universe. So as far as work is concerned, I can understand that the developer would rather focus solely on the newer product than develop the new one while updating the old simultaneously in order to make sure that he releases a quality product.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind if the developer releases a paid expansion to Exiled Kingdoms later down the line similar in vein to what Diablo 1 and Diablo 2 did. Exiled Kingdoms is so far the first and only mobile game/ "post 90s-2000s" game that I spent money on and I wouldn't mind paying again for an expansion if it ever gets released. At the end of the day, there will always be a market for us players who prefer or are limited to the old-school style of RPGs.

Cheers everyone

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Some news:

Gewehr 43

Some news:

Damn, the Archaelund became my only reason to register on Steam, and will be definitely the first game I'll buy there. And it will be a big compliment to David, since I'm living in Russia and pirate torrents are allowed here de facto (only madmen and rich ones buy digital content here).
P.S.: EK is the only game I bought on Play Market😍

Ehtir

Hello everyone! Hello David! I could write 3 different messages, but I think it's wrong and I'm too lazy to do it. So that...

First:
David, since I'm living in Russia and pirate torrents are allowed here de facto (only madmen and rich ones buy digital content here).

Ha, ha! I always know that I'm mad).

Second:
Will you continue to develop the world of EK and will there be a new game? Of course, after you finish Archaelund and add more content to Exiled Kingdoms.

Third:
Of course, I understand that you still have a lot of work to do,but since I'm a power-hungry madman, I wanted to ask around about magic. In the world of EK, magic is really powerful. The magician in Exiled Kingdoms is not the one who lets out colored lights from the tips of his fingers, but the one who controls truly destructive forces. Of course, mages use wands and staffs to concentrate their energy and attack the enemy with small projectiles, but they can use spells to deal much more damage. Spells are powerful, but in my opinion they are too few. But here in Archaelund... For a hundred years the Exiles have improved and developed magic in any way? They began to study other planes of existence than the elemental ones, or at least they studied the elemental planes better in order to gain new magical knowledge and create new spells? But personally, I've always been interested in invocation. Whether it will be possible to summon creatures from other worlds, such as demons, or other magical creatures?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Hello everyone! Hello David! I could write 3 different messages, but I think it's wrong and I'm too lazy to do it. So that...

First:

David, since I'm living in Russia and pirate torrents are allowed here de facto (only madmen and rich ones buy digital content here).

Ha, ha! I always know that I'm mad).

I know there's this common point of view about Russia, but let me say. Russia is the second country with the most EK purchases. Many, many thousands. Russian players love EK and have helped it become what it is today; so please look upon yourselves under a brighter light!

Will you continue to develop the world of EK and will there be a new game? Of course, after you finish Archaelund and add more content to Exiled Kingdoms.

I don't know. Probably. Many variables there, but certainly if I come at a point where I have complete financial freedom and not a project urging me, expanding EK will be one of the options on the table. And it'll be for free.

For a hundred years the Exiles have improved and developed magic in any way? They began to study other planes of existence than the elemental ones, or at least they studied the elemental planes better in order to gain new magical knowledge and create new spells? But personally, I've always been interested in invocation. Whether it will be possible to summon creatures from other worlds, such as demons, or other magical creatures?

Magic in Archaelund is going to be a game in itself. I have expanded it from the very simple action-RPG concept in EK into a far richer system.

For starters there's two "Arts", the greater and the lesser.

Lesser art, also called Sorcery, draws upon internal force of the spellcaster, making him/her more fatigued, but is spontaneous, meaning that as long as you have enough stamina, you can keep casting any of your spells. These can be cast with different intensity or focus by becoming more fatigued. Some are petty and simple, others can be fairly powerful, but don't expect them to be battle-changing overall.

Then there's the Greater Art, also called Ritual Magic. These are the most powerful spells, but they are less versatile, with just a certain number of spells per level and magical school available each day. Normally you have far fewer of these, and you must carefully decide when and how to use them. However they are slower to cast; most take a full round, meaning you spend a full round vulnerable, and can be interrupted if harmed by enemies. Some greater Rituals can take multiple turns to be completed. These spells can virtually do anything in the highest levels: from making a meteor fall upon your enemies to summoning mighty undead or transforming you into a troll.

Some Careers only have access to certain schools from the Lesser Art, others combine both Arts. There are specialized magicians, but you can also build characters that combine a magical career with other abilities.

There's too much to explain that is still subject to change, so I won't give more details for now, but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.