Spoilers Purple Medallion Question

Thread contains spoilers about game content

Invector

I have a question regarding the purple medallions, and reading through other threads that mentioned them has just left me even more confused.
I just recently ran a cleric through the City of the Ancients and picked up two medallions---one in a spot designated by the wiki, and a seemingly random one in one of the sarcophagi located in the northwest quadrant of the city.
Shortly after running through with a cleric I did the same with a rogue, and I only picked up one medallion (the spot designated by the wiki).
I browsed through the forum to read up on the medallions and someone noted that they were random drops in the city. However, someone else said that wasn’t true. I gave it a shot, but after a half dozen runs I still have not found another one, so either the RNG gods hate me or the person who said the medallions aren’t random drops is correct.
I also read where someone said that you could pick up another medallion at the temple itself, but another poster said “no”.

Can someone please give me a definitive answer? Where can I get the 3rd medallion I need? (I already got the first one from Azeron.) Can I get another one farming the City of the Ancients? Can I get one at the temple itself? Or is there some other way?
Thanks

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
I have a question regarding the purple medallions, and reading through other threads that mentioned them has just left me even more confused.
I just recently ran a cleric through the City of the Ancients and picked up two medallions---one in a spot designated by the wiki, and a seemingly random one in one of the sarcophagi located in the northwest quadrant of the city.
Shortly after running through with a cleric I did the same with a rogue, and I only picked up one medallion (the spot designated by the wiki).
I browsed through the forum to read up on the medallions and someone noted that they were random drops in the city. However, someone else said that wasn’t true. I gave it a shot, but after a half dozen runs I still have not found another one, so either the RNG gods hate me or the person who said the medallions aren’t random drops is correct.
I also read where someone said that you could pick up another medallion at the temple itself, but another poster said “no”.

Can someone please give me a definitive answer? Where can I get the 3rd medallion I need? (I already got the first one from Azeron.) Can I get another one farming the City of the Ancients? Can I get one at the temple itself? Or is there some other way?
Thanks

Yes
You'll eventually find another one. I'm not sure about the details, but yes you can find medallions at random in The City. And if I remember correctly, it's also possible to find one in the Temple. I once got a bunch of them after spending the three to open the temple, I think I had an extra four medallions at the end. Just keep on grinding :)

Molokot

There are 3 entrances to the temple 1st and 3rd are fake ones but you need them anyway to switch there levers and each of those places has medalion. So as long as you enter in 132 or 312 order you only need 1 medalion to clear that place.