New technical Beta of Exiled Kingdoms (no new content)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geezer

Is controller support going to be looked at for a near future release?
I'm on the beta but there seems to be no way to access the inventory and/or navigate/dismiss many of the menu screens and interfaces from the controller alone. Using an external display with no touch available, for reference.

Failing that, I do have a hardware keyboard connected.. would you be able to integrate a similar keyboard interface to that which I assume it would have on PC? The mouse works okay but it's a bit of a kludge to have to use it together with the gamepad as I'm currently doing. :/

[Edit] If this is beta-specific, let me know and I'll opt back out of it for now as it's quite frustrating the way it stands currently.

Sanathuz

Would it be possible for you to add the possibility of adding a personalized photo to your character? It is something that I would like very much, the possibility of customization, either in the sprites of equipment visually in the characters for example.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Would it be possible for you to add the possibility of adding a personalized photo to your character? It is something that I would like very much, the possibility of customization, either in the sprites of equipment visually in the characters for example.

Unfortunately I can't do that since both Google and Apple are really strict when a violation of terms is denounced. Someone uploads an offensive portrait (nudity, hate, etc) and a screenshot gets to them, and they nuke us out of the store first and very likely never ask questions later.

Sanathuz

Unfortunately I can't do that since both Google and Apple are really strict when a violation of terms is denounced. Someone uploads an offensive portrait (nudity, hate, etc) and a screenshot gets to them, and they nuke us out of the store first and very likely never ask questions later.
In this case, wouldn't it be possible to inject more images and allow the exchange between them? this would avoid this problem and make everything healthy without having problems; and a way for us to send the images to you, healthy images.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Is controller support going to be looked at for a near future release?
I'm on the beta but there seems to be no way to access the inventory and/or navigate/dismiss many of the menu screens and interfaces from the controller alone. Using an external display with no touch available, for reference.

Failing that, I do have a hardware keyboard connected.. would you be able to integrate a similar keyboard interface to that which I assume it would have on PC? The mouse works okay but it's a bit of a kludge to have to use it together with the gamepad as I'm currently doing. :/

[Edit] If this is beta-specific, let me know and I'll opt back out of it for now as it's quite frustrating the way it stands currently.

No changes have been done to controller support, at least no intentional changes. The core of the game controls was developed 8 years ago, when the options for controller support were very limited, and changing it now would be extremely problematic, I am afraid.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Locking this thread since beta became public weeks ago already.

Status
Not open for further replies.