Archaelund (now updated with screenshots and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cocken

Battlefield seems small, and why the hell would you start a battle in melee?! 'O'
Having a large party contributes nothing if all they can do is basic strike~ Why not make a more compact team with a broader array of spells.
Try playin with Pushes/pulls/charges/teleports/ swaps[Does engine allow it?] (General mobility) use the tactical combat you've impletend to its greatest extent.
Since its open world the encounter mobs need to have special mechanics, which will make'em dangerous even vs a lvled party:

Like lvl1 Spiders can poison which should last a long time and prove a danger w/o countermeasures
Or some random magical gremlin castin debuffs and teleportin around xd
Maybe a zombify effect to make healing deal dmg instead '.'
Invisible place swapping faires xD

Next one is terrain manipulation, a tactical combat can be made so much greater with turning earth to mud, setting up a fire wall, or creating a glyph that is a wind speeding up anyone crossing the glyph cell. (Or make it directional with it speeding you up when you for for example north and slowin y when going south)

(Then there is a topic of elemental resi/weakness, but you got that in EK so will probs be fine)
LVL's in open world game should not give a lot stats ( but you got that pretty much nailed in Exiled Kingdoms)

Lore will be good cuz EK had a good lore
Sure Hope the game would be less grindy than EK tho '.'

VDX_360

Staff member
@Cocken ,

Some those are nifty ideas for a completely different game with a completely different vibe.

Some of those ideas are rather basic game mechanics that will likely be in the game (if they are not already), but didn't make it into the pre-beta video.

Cocken

@VDX_360

What is The Vibe then? D:
I mean i dont see how they are not-in-the-vibe but your makin' game so i guess y know better~

Anyway can y elaborate or we close up this topic?

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
When can we expect early access?

Here's the state of things.

I'm very close to having an internal alpha with every game mechanic working and enough content for about 12-15h of gameplay. I am trying to begin that internal test by the 15th, but I'm getting a little delayed. Once this internal alpha is tested for a few weeks and major issues are addressed, I'll do a wider Beta testing, maybe in late May.

That version still lacks about 60% of the Early Access content, which is planned and partially written, but will take me several months to complete and then test it as well. Early Access will be released this year, and I doubt it's in the last months of the year, but sadly I can't be more precise than that.

VDX_360

Staff member
Congrats !

Now, let's revisit this time management issue. I see you're spending almost a hour a day on hygiene related activities..... stop that and the friends and family hours will naturally plummet to zero. Just think of all that time you'd save.

DavidBVal

Developer
Staff member
Administrator
Which initial stats would better with rolled career?

for now, randomly rolled stats is not going to be an option in Early Access. I will revisit this idea later on ind evelopment.

I just posted an update:

Status
Not open for further replies.