Companion Cleric Fix

kiersten94

I have been playing EK for quite some time with both warriors and clerics. I have noticed the AI for companion Hirge, cleric, has some issues with healing. She will not heal when both of you are not below 50% health unless you are in battle. Then, her first action in battle is to heal, not fight. I understand that for some, this is how they may like it, but for me its frustrating...

Suggestion. Could you put in another non-battle "interaction" to "cast a heal" spell. It could be under either battle instructions or lets talk about something. Either one is fine and would not change game play or require AI changes.

Thanks!

VDX_360

Staff member
The two most common complaints about Hirge:
1) She won't heal in a reasonable, predictable manner (of course, "reasonable" is subject to player preference).
2) She use Might when fighting low level goblins AND fire elementals, but some how forgets to use it when fighting trolls.

Of the possible Companions, Hirge suffers the most from the game's AI (which has greatly improved from it's introduction). The more active skills a Companion has, the more likely they'll get misuse them.

I second the idea of having a command to tell Hirge to heal. It would be nice between fights and getting ready for a boss.

Not sure any slight adjustments will be made in the foreseeable future, but this is one I would support.

I also support an in-game opiton to tell Adaon to go frack himself. I miss the days you could push him into traps.... oh those were good days.

kiersten94

I thought long and hard and tried to come up with a solution that would not change or compromise the AI... This fix is so simple in both use and implementation. Please do what you can to see this to fruition.

Thank you for your consideration.