iOS crash on Magistrate

Rachel

Two years later and I am having this same problem. No matter what I do, the game crashes after exhausting dialogue options with the guy pretending to be the magistrate. Frustratingly, I actually did manage to get into the prison once, but I was too low level and couldn't get out alive, so I opened an earlier save. Now I am level 6, but I can't seem to avoid the crash. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game. I tried restarting my iPhone 12 (iOS 14.8.1). I paid for the full game and am stuck because of this.

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
Did you try to disable sound for this part of the game?

VDX_360

Staff member
@Rachel , that appears to be a rare, but known bug with Apple devices. See here.

In the past, disabling sound works to address the issue. Let us know if it works.

Rachel

Turning sound and music down to zero did the trick. I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned earlier in this thread (though maybe it was and I overlooked it). Thank you!

Alan_SP

Staff member
Administrator
In this thread it wasn't, but there's many threads from people using iOS 12+ who have this problem, and to whom turning off sound works great.

resentings

The problem is also the same for me however this post is quite old. Currently, it is 2022, and I have this same problem. It is not and IPad problem since I am on a IPhone 13 with this same recurring problem. When I leave the dialogue I am suppose to enter in a cell but what actually happens is I see the cell for a brief .7 seconds and then the game crashes. Are there too many packets being sent and it just makes the game crash? I don’t know. I believe I played this on a bluestacks emulator and it didn’t crash. So, it may have something to do with IOS applicants as this is a common crash. This quest is important as well, so I would like to see a fix please. My IOS version is 15.3.1, a really modern and stable version that has good frames for a phone. I wouldn’t expect a crash from such a moderate running game.

VDX_360

Staff member
@resentings , did you try turning game music before starting the dialogue with the magister?

If that doesn't work, there's been success reported with clearing out your memory cache, and limiting the number of background aps running.

This has been a persistent bug, but it's not limited to this game. Several other games have a similar crash problem at certain cut scenes. It seems to be with the game having a peak memory over a threshold that triggers the game to shut down. The exact details are beyond my technical abilities.