How to? Get gold without XP?

How to do something?

VDX_360

Staff member
Hey, All.

Be mindful of discussing game exploits. The very nature of this thread, GOLD WITHOUT XP, lends itself to game exploits but lets be mindful of the forum rules.

As a side note, as the game grew over the last few years, it's harder to stay at a lower level. More content, and a friendly XP requirement have sped up game play for a lot of players. The downside is for anyone trying to do a low level run, it means they have to avoid fighting.

p4ran0id

Staff member
Yeah it's kind of hard to decide what an exploit is and what isn't. I prefer to use same rules as for 0 day bugs in IT. Everything that was reported but not fixed after 3 months is part of the game and not an exploit.

Reload, shooting through walls or the sliding character is part of game mechanics for me already.

And low lvl run is a very nice way to play the game after solving everything else, really like that.

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Trying to get rich by stealing gold and treasures behind people's backs is not nice in real life. Don't do it. But in a video game, when playing a rogue, it's part of the job description loll.

I have to add that I lately discovered the Ursans of Korne are very slow, and tend to let their equipment and jewelry unattended in boxes all over the forest. They should be more careful with their valuables... ;)

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
And low lvl run is a very nice way to play the game after solving everything else, really like that.

I tried something weird. It was fun loll.

I would have liked to play a "Vampiric Mage", with the skill Vampiric Blade right from the start. Since it's impossible, I leveled up and did the necessary quests to learn the skill, then I went back to Lannegar and "reset" my character, keeping only the skill Vampiric Blade, and started the game as normal afterwards.

We can't reset XP, but I did reset my skills and traits, and got rid of all my gold and items (just kept Vampiric Blade III), and took note of the amount of XP I had (I made it a neat round number). Afterwards, as I gained new XP, I followed the XP table as if I was level 1 and allowed myself to spend 2 new trait points and skill points each time I got to a "new level" (according to the table).

It worked great!
It was almost like playing a fresh new character. Of course I had a bit more HP and MP, and Lightning Bolt would have dealt more damage (it scales with levels). But apart from that, I was like a new level 1 Vampire Mage :D

I wonder what other high level skill would be fun to play as a level 1...