New class: Witch

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Yeah, this can work too but imo a wolf is more like a druid kinda thing. Since there's no such option as Summon Wraith or something I'd probably go with Earth Elemental.

Btw Circle of Restoration is a nice touch to complete the Witch build.

I like the Earth Elemental for a Witch.
The Iron Golem, less so. So we could learn Earth Mastery II, and stop there.

Hey, it would be possible for a witch to have the spell Earth Mastery II plus the skill Summoner III at level 7! Would be a bad ass witch :D

NTiK

I
- Wear a FOREST ROBE, it's green like the Witches;
- Use any DEATH STAFF, they shoot the same death attacks the Witches have;
- Learn the Advanced Skill SUMMONER and use Scrolls of SUMMON DIRE WOLF;
- Use Scroll: CIRCLE OF RESTORATION to heal yourself and your wolf, like the Witches do.

Voilà!!!
You are a Varannari Witch!!!
;)
Its a really good idea, but you think we can beat the game with this build?

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Its a really good idea, but you think we can beat the game with this build?

Ooooo good question...
Assuming we forbid the use of non-green robes (the color is very very essential lol), the use of wands and staves with a non-death element, and summons other than the Earth Elemental and the Sparkling, but no restriction on spells, it would be possible.

The Ark is problematic still. Death doesn't hurt robots. A normal, non-elemental staff could be allowed, but would it be sufficent...? If the witch is allowed the lightning bolt spell, than yes, it's doable. If the witch is allowed Mage Barrier (the one with shock damage), then absolutely, easily even. (I just don't like our witch shooting lightning, I feel it's a bit out of character. But without shock damage, I think the Ark is impossible.)

The Earth Elemental would be fine in the Ark, not excellent but workable. We'd need a bunch of scrolls of Earth Elemental to summon a backup in case of emergency while the summon spell cools down. But the Sparkling is enough to block the blasting robots completely, so that should be fine.

Would you forbid some spells?
Post automatically merged:    

PS: Oooo there's also a purple robe... It's pretty and looks badass. Could be allowed as a late-game upgrade from the green robe lol.

NTiK

Ooooo good question...
Assuming we forbid the use of non-green robes (the color is very very essential lol), the use of wands and staves with a non-death element, and summons other than the Earth Elemental and the Sparkling, but no restriction on spells, it would be possible.

The Ark is problematic still. Death doesn't hurt robots. A normal, non-elemental staff could be allowed, but would it be sufficent...? If the witch is allowed the lightning bolt spell, than yes, it's doable. If the witch is allowed Mage Barrier (the one with shock damage), then absolutely, easily even. (I just don't like our witch shooting lightning, I feel it's a bit out of character. But without shock damage, I think the Ark is impossible.)

The Earth Elemental would be fine in the Ark, not excellent but workable. We'd need a bunch of scrolls of Earth Elemental to summon a backup in case of emergency while the summon spell cools down. But the Sparkling is enough to block the blasting robots completely, so that should be fine.

Would you forbid some spells?

PS: Oooo there's also a purple robe... It's pretty and looks badass. Could be allowed as a late-game upgrade from the green robe lol.
Actually I was more propense to make a death mage with a two handed weapon. I was thinking if the buff for staves also apply in this case

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Actually I was more propense to make a death mage with a two handed weapon. I was thinking if the buff for staves also apply in this case

Sadly no, Vampiric Blade only works while holding a death melee weapon. But the vampirism ability triggers whenever your party kills an opponent, however they get killed. As long as you're holding the death melee weapon in your hand when they die. So you can blast fireballs and still drain the life out of your calcinated enemies :D

Apocalypse

Loreseeker
Well there says "any two handed mage weapon"

It doesn't specify if it needs to be ranged or melee

A 2-handed mage weapon is a staff.
A hand mage weapon is a wand.
There are no other mage weapons.

Vampiric Blade allows you to wield any Death weapon, including 2-handed ones, but it doesn't make them mage weapons. Anyway, Staff Mastery simply doesn't apply to anything else than staves, and Vampiric Blade only applies to Death melee weapons. We'd need a new super-skill to combine the 2 loll

NTiK

A 2-handed mage weapon is a staff.
A hand mage weapon is a wand.
There are no other mage weapons.

Vampiric Blade allows you to wield any Death weapon, including 2-handed ones, but it doesn't make them mage weapons. Anyway, Staff Mastery simply doesn't apply to anything else than staves, and Vampiric Blade only applies to Death melee weapons. We'd need a new super-skill to combine the 2 loll
How sad. I just tried it.. and you are right. It would be broken if it was possible